- CSU East Bay Classroom and Lab Support
- On-Site Computer Labs
- CSUEB Bay Cloud
- AppStream Computing
- Smart Classrooms
Smart Classroom Software
All Windows computers in Smart Classrooms/Labs have some common software installed in order to provide a uniform experience for instructors and students. Specialized software can be installed in particular labs and classrooms as requested by entering a service request through the Service Desk
ticketing system. Maintenance updates are scheduled outside of normal class hours.
Features of the common configuration include:
- If a problem occurs, restarting the computer often resolves it. If the computer is not responding at all, press and hold the on/off button on the computer for ten full seconds, and then turn the computer back on.
- My Documents is the default location for files that you create, download, or copy to the computer. These Files are removed so do not expect that they will be there the next time you log in.
- If additional software is required, submit a request through the Service Desk at least four weeks prior to the date needed.
- The computer enters maintenance mode at 11 pm and restarts in normal mode at 6 am.
For new software in a lab or smart classroom, please submit this form.
- It may take up to 20 business days to complete software installations.
- Software must be legally licensed to be used in the lab (no shareware or trial versions).
- You must provide us with a copy of the license, installation media, installation program, and accessibility review (ICT), again, entered via the Service Desk ticket.
- We will need you to help test the program after we install it.