- School of Engineering
- Office Hours
- FACULTY & STAFF
- LAB CALENDARS
- STUDENT CLUBS
- Careers for Majors
- Make A Gift
Program Educational Objectives
The Construction Management Program provides a quality education that produces graduates who:
- Innovative thinkers, who can apply root cause analysis and innovative tools for the continuous improvement of the construction processes.
- Leaders who have the skills to work independently and in diverse teams alongside construction managers and colleagues from other disciplines. Multidimensional communicators across all levels within a project and the construction company.
- Lifelong learners who are enthusiastic about the construction practice, open to the application of new ideas and proven technologies, and motivated to learn new skills throughout their career.
- Ethical professionals who strive to maintain the highest standards of integrity and honesty in their relationships and understand their responsibility for safety and sustainability in the workplace and the public.
Click here to see the program roadmap for Construction Management..
The student outcomes of the Construction Management program are:
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve broadly defined technical problems by applying knowledge of mathematics and science and/or engineering to areas relevant to construction.
- An ability to formulate or design a system, process, procedure or program to meet desired needs.
- An ability to develop and conduct experiments or test hypotheses, analyze and interpret data and use construction science and professional judgement to draw conclusions.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to understand ethical and professional responsibilities and the impact of technical and/or scientific solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- An ability to function effectively on teams that establish goals, plan tasks, meet deadlines, and analyze risk and uncertainty
In addition the program curriculum enables students to achieve the construction management program criteria competencies as listed below:
- P01. Construction project management from pre-design through commissioning;
- P02. project life-cycle and sustainability;
- P03. health and safety, accident prevention, and regulatory compliance;
- P04. law, contract documents administration, and dispute prevention and resolution;
- P05. materials, labor and methods of construction;
- P06. finance and accounting principles;
- P07. planning and scheduling;
- P08. cost management including plan reading, quantity take offs and estimating;
- P09. project delivery methods;
- P10.leadership and managing people;
- P11.business and communication skills
Construction Management BS Enrollment Statistics