- Hayward Promise Neighborhoods
- Register with HPN
- HPN in the News
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
- "The vision of the program is that all children and youth growing up in Promise Neighborhoods have access to great schools and strong systems of family and community support that will prepare them to attain an excellent education and successfully transition to college and a career. The purpose of Promise Neighborhoods is to significantly improve the educational and developmental outcomes of children and youth in our most distressed communities . . ." - U.S. Department of Education
Hayward, CA is one of 21 communities across the United States to be selected as a U.S. Department of Education Promise Neighborhood. This designation has been awarded to two geographical areas of Hayward – the Jackson Triangle and South Hayward which combined have become Hayward Promise Neighborhoods.
Hayward Residents meeting the below criteria qualify for program and services provides through HPNs:
- HPNs A (Address): Individuals who live within the geographical boundaries of either the Jackson Triangle or South Hayward as identified on the map on page 5 of this Programs Guide.
- HPNs S (School): Children or students who attend any of the schools identified on the map on page 5 of this Programs Guide.
Each program and service has a different registration and enrollment process. To enroll in a program or service, please contact the lead for each program/service listed in the programs description portion of this Guide. For more information or to be connected to one of our programs and services, contact any of the partners listed below.
- Alameda County Public Health Department
- Community Childcare Council (4Cs) of Alameda County
- California State University, East Bay
- Chabot College
- City of Hayward
- Eden Area Regional and Occupational Program
- Eden Youth and Family Center
- First 5 Alameda County
- Hayward Unified School District
- La Familia Counseling Services
- Tiburcio Vasquez Health Center
The five federally-funded Promise Neighborhoods in CA have joined together to sustain, grow and institutionalize the Promise Neighborhood model so that more communities across California can benefit from this place-based collective impact approach that alleviates generational poverty and promotes equity in and for these vibrant communities. For more information about each community, visit: http://capromisenetwork.org/
The communities of the California Promise Neighborhood Network are found in:
- Corning, CA
- Chula Vista, CA
- Hayward, CA
- San Francisco, CA
- San Diego, CA