HPN Community Services
HPN’s model offers coordinated wrap-around resources for residents in the target neighborhood and beyond. These services provide essential health, safety, and economic support for the
whole family. All HPN collaborative partners offer services and resources in addition to those listed.
Some programs restrict enrollment or reserve spaces for families in HPN who live in the Tennyson-Harder neighborhood or attend a partner school (Tyrrell Elementary, Russ Elementary, Glassbrook Elementary, Chavez Middle, Tennyson High)
- Computer Clubhouse - Eden Youth And Family Center
- Eden Youth and Family Center’s Computer Clubhouse provides a safe space for youth to engage in life skills, job readiness, and technology afterschool programs. The Computer Clubhouse offers 21st Century technology workshops and a mentorship program for 6th through 12th-grade students.
- Jose Montesinos, (510) 887-1146 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community Counseling Clinic (CCC) - Cal State East Bay
- CCC is designed for two purposes: 1) to provide free counseling services to the diverse members of the Hayward community, and 2) to provide professional clinical training opportunities for students in Cal State East Bay’s School Counseling, School Psychology, and Marriage and Family Therapy programs. CCC offers four types of programs to meet a variety of counseling needs: Individual Counseling, Couples Counseling, Family Counseling, and Support Groups. Therapists support their clients in various areas, such as making decisions, communicating, coping, improving communication skills, renewing relationship harmony, identifying strengths and supports, increasing emotional awareness, and developing problem-solving skills.
- Community Counseling Clinic, (510) 885-3007
- Family Education Program - Hayward Public Library
- The City of Hayward’s Library and Community Services Department provides Family Education Program services at Hayward Promise Neighborhood schools (including after-school homework support and adult literacy support services) four (4) days per week, two (2) hours each day. Meetings take place by phone or virtual appointment.
- Lindsey Vien, Education Services Manager, (510) 736-2806 or
- Mental Health Intervention - La Familia Counseling Services
- Mental Health Intervention is offered through HUSD’s partnership with La Familia and Alameda Health Care Services, students needing mental health resources will be referred
- when necessary.
- Kate Graves, (510) 542-6942 or email@example.com
- Promotores de Salud - Tiburcio Vásquez Health Center (TVHC)
- Tiburcio Vásquez Health Center Inc. (TVHC) Health Promoters Academia program: Provides an annual training for Hayward Promise Neighborhoods (HPN) residents to develop leadership skills and to become an effective health advocate for their community. Through 15 sessions of valuable learning, participants learn how to do successful community outreach by providing resources and information. This is a very transformative training that prepares community members to effectively connect people with resources through the application of leadership skills and healthy life.
- Carolina Arroyo-Solveson, (510) 471-5907 ext.3121 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Youth Awareness, Opioids/Other substances - Eden Youth And Family Center
- Eden Youth and Family Center with Hayward Unified School District Middle and High School students will engage and provide opportunities to educate youth to reduce substance use and misuse of opioids and other substances.
- Karen Halfon, (510) 887-1146 or email@example.com
- Re-Entry Treatment Team - La Familia Counseling Services
- The Re-Entry Treatment Team provides mental health, case management, crisis intervention, and medication support services to adults, ages 18 and older, who have been involved in the justice system and have a severe mental illness and/or substance use disorder. Services are provided to clients within Central, Eastern, and Southern Alameda County for up to 18 months.
- René Moreno, PhD, (510) 881-5921 or firstname.lastname@example.org