- Department of History
- Degree Programs
- Who We Are
- Information For Counselors and Future Students
- Public History
- Scholarships and Donations
- Important Links
- Contact Us
The History Minor is designed for any major degree student at Cal State East Bay, who holds a special interest in the study of the past, whether for enjoyment, skill and knowledge building, or for specific career goals. Sometimes students realize they have taken a number of history classes, and want to see their specialized knowledge formally recognized on their transcripts.
History minor degree students come from all colleges and degree programs, and include students in the sciences, business, education, arts, and liberal arts and humanities.
Requirements for the History minor degree may be found here. Students pursuing the History minor degree will complete 19-23 units of coursework, from the following areas:
Lower Division (9-10 units):
- HIST 101 - World History I Units: 3 ; Breadth Area: GE-C2
- HIST 102 - World History II Units: 3 ; Breadth Area: GE-C2
- HIST 201 - Introduction to History Units: 4
- OR any HIST elective may be substituted for HIST 201.
Upper Division (10-13 units):
Students minoring in History must take at least three (3) upper division content courses in History, one from each area of concentration (Migration and Globalization, Sustainability and Modernization, and Social Justice and Citizenships) plus HIST 405.
- HIST 405 - History Lab Units: 1
Students who took HIST 201 in their lower division core may also select from the following applied history classes, in lieu of a History elective course:
- 25800 Carlos Bee Blvd
- Student and Faculty Support (SF)
- 4th Floor, Office 442
- Hayward, CA 94542
- Dr. Bridget Ford
- Professor and Department Chair
- Phone: (510) 885-3242
- Email: email@example.com