- Student Financial Services & Cashier's Office
- TUITION FEE INFORMATION FALL 2022
- Tuition Fee Information Summer 2022
- TUITION FEE INFORMATION SPRING 2022
- How To's
- Cashiers & Collections Office
- Payment Information
- Paying Your Fees
- Student FInancial Responsibility Agreement
- Student Finance Policies
- Student Involvement Representation Fee (SIRF)
- Bookstore Programs
- Miscellaneous Course Fees
- 1098-T Frequently Asked Questions
- Military Tuition Assistance Information
- HOURS & CONTACT INFORMATION
- Frequently Asked Questions
You may pay all registration, course fees, and on-campus housing installments by mail. Please send payments to the following address:
Cal State East Bay
25800 Carlos Bee Blvd.
Hayward, CA 94542
*All CSU, Easy Bay mail is delivered to a centralized campus distribution center and may require up to 48 hours of processing before final delivery to departments, including overnight parcels. In addition, if you use the "regular" mailing address, for items sent through a carrier/courier service, there could be a longer delay in delivery to our office. In order for payments to be considered on time, they must be received in Student Financial Services' Office. Credit will not be given for mail received in the campus central distribution center. Please plan accordingly.
Make your check or money order payable to CSU, East Bay. To ensure credit to the proper account, include the following information on your check or money order:
- Print your full legal name
- Student ID number
Do not mail cash.
CASHIER'S OFFICE BUSINESS HOURS
Monday through Thursday from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
Friday from 10:00 to 3:00
CASH and CHECK ONLY are accepted at the Cashier's Office. NO credit or debit cards will be accepted.
An eCheck, or electronic check, is a form on online payment using the checking account and routing numbers of your bank account. Note: your debit card or credit card number CANNOT be used. This transaction is made via a processes called ACH (Automated Clearing House).
Routing & Checking Account Numbers
Routing (Transit) Number
Checking Account Number
Notices Regarding eCheck
- Only regular checking accounts at domestic banks (including most credit unions) may be used
- eChecks are not automatically approved by your bank and may take up to three business days to be posted to your account
- Despite the delay in processing, be sure that there are sufficient funds in the bank account you are using during the entire process
- If a transaction is returned as invalid due to insufficient funds or erroneous account number(s) you will be charged a $25.00 dishonored check fee
CSU East Bay reserves the right to refuse payment by Electronic Check from individuals who have previously had items returned unpaid by their bank
Payments are accepted for registration, tuition, and on-campus housing charges by MasterCard, Visa, American Express, or Discover using CASHNet SmartPay. Debit cards are treated the same as credit cards and will incur the service fee. The service fee for use of CASHNet SMARTPAY is 2.65 percent.
We have partnered with Western Union GlobalPay for Students to streamline the tuition payment process using CASHNet SmartPay for our international students. Using Western Union GlobalPay for Students payments platform you are able to:
- Pay in your home currency or the currency of your choice.
- Receive competitive exchange rates saving a significant amount of money, as compared to traditional banks.
- While processing times vary, payments via WU GlobalPay for Students platform take an average eof 3-5 business days to complete.
- Receive text or email updates from Western Union GlobalPay for Students to track your payment every step of the way.
If you need further information, please email Student Financial Services at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Financial Services (SFS) will defer payment for sponsored students and will bill an external agency for registration fees, non-resident tuition, and course fees. SFS has the right to refuse an authorization to bill an agency or deferment of fee payment for a student pending receipt of payment from a third party sponsor, due to previous refusal to pay, extended collection efforts, or other reasons.
Sponsored students must submit an authorization to bill, letter of sponsorship, purchase order, etc. to Student Financial Services by the registration fee payment deadline for each quarter. Failure to submit the authorization by the fee payment deadline may result in a disenrollment for non-payment. If a late fee is added, it cannot be billed to the agency, but must be paid by the student.
If you are attending under a special fee waiver program and have completed all application and eligibility requirements as of the fee payment deadline date, please pay according to the charges posted in the student account. All waivers will be posted to your account before the fee payment deadline and as the information is received.
* In addition to the fees listed below, additional per unit fees will be assessed if enrolled in the MBA Program or are a non-resident of the State of California.
** All fees included a $2 voluntary SIRF fee every fall and spring quarter. If you choose to opt out of the fee, done through your student center, you will need to subtract $2 from the balance.
Cal Vet Fee Waiver
Approval for benefits under the CAl Vet Fee Waiver program shall be granted on an Academic Year (AY) basis. There shall be no partial grants of benefits. Applicants must re-apply each year to maintain entitlement. Approvals may be granted only for the current AY, or the immediate upcoming AY.
A $25 fee will be charged for all checks or e-payments returned by your bank, for any reason. The dishonored check or e-payment plus the $25 fee must be paid with cash, cashier’s check, or money order. If a student or anyone paying on the student’s behalf has written one or more returned checks, check cashing privileges will be revoked. If the dishonored check or credit card was for payment of registration fees, the student may be dis-enrolled from classes.
If you registered for a class and do not plan to attend, it is your responsibility to drop the course by the last day of the Drop Period. Do not assume that by not attending the first class meeting you will automatically be dis-enrolled. Students who wish to withdraw from a course should review the Fee Refund Policy if they wish to receive a refund. Visit the Registration web site to learn more about dropping or withdrawing from a course. Complete details about withdrawal policies can also be found in the University Catalog.
Students may request a breakdown of tuition related charges on official university document by clicking HERE. This breakdown will include a list of all tuition; all mandatory fees related to tuition, the term, and official university seal and are signed by the certified employee. All special requests such as form of payment needs to by indicated in the request. Once a request is received it can take 7 to 10 business days to process. All current semester requests will be processed after the add/drop period. If the request is for multiple terms then it may take longer then the 7 to 10 business days to process.