Resources for Faculty and Staff

What do I do if I’m sick? 

If you experience any COVID-19-like symptoms, please stay home and follow the directions below. If you experience any of these symptoms while present on campus, please be certain to observe social distancing guidelines as you exit the campus.

  • Notify your manager/ Dean/Department Chair if you are unable to report and seek guidance on how to report your time.
  • Contact your medical provider.
  • If your illness is non-COVID-19 related, please stay home until symptoms have resolved for 24 hours without the use of medication.
  • If you are tested for COVID-19 and found to be positive, your manager/Dean/Department chair will be able to provide you information about next steps.  

Employee Assistance Program

 The Employee Assistance Program is a free, confidential counseling and referral service designed to help employees and their eligible dependents resolve personal, work, or home life events. Benefits eligible employees in all bargaining units are eligible for these services.

If you encounter a student in need

The Presidential Pioneers Emergency Fund provides immediate assistance to CSUEB students in need due to the COVID-19 crisis. Students seeking support from the Presidential Pioneers Emergency Fund should complete the Student Application for Emergency Assistance through Pioneers for H.O.P.E.

Additionally, the East Bay CARES program helps at-risk students. Faculty and staff can make a student of concern report for students with academic, behavioral or personal challenges. 

Facilities Development & Operations

  • Submit your work request online or call 5-4444 from a campus phone or (510) 885-4444 from your cell phone. Business hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
  • Submit key request online. If you need any other assistance, please help us maintain social distancing by calling the FDO office one hour before arriving at our office, and our staff will have your item ready for pickup.

Technology Resources

ITS' Service Desk can be contacted in the following ways:

Self Service:

Phone:  510-885-HELP(4357)  Please leave voicemail.


Information on classroom cleaning

Per CDC guidelines, all classrooms and laboratories will be cleaned and disinfected once daily before scheduled in person classes. Additional cleaning and disinfection are available upon request through the FDO work request system.

Instructional continuity

Find more information about Instructional Continuity: Online/Hybrid.