Resources for Faculty and Staff
What do I do if I’m sick?
If you experience any COVID-19-like symptoms, please stay home and follow the directions below. If you experience any of these symptoms while present on campus, please be certain to observe social distancing guidelines as you exit the campus.
- Notify your manager/ Dean/Department Chair if you are unable to report and seek guidance on how to report your time.
- Contact your medical provider.
- If your illness is non-COVID-19 related, please stay home until symptoms have resolved for 24 hours without the use of medication.
- If you are tested for COVID-19 and found to be positive, follow the steps below.
What do I do if I test positive for COVID-19?
- Notify Human Resources by filling out the COVID-19 Reporting Form. The form can be completed by the employee or their manager.
- Upon notification, Human Resources will contact the employee to advise on next steps and when employee can return to campus.
- If employee has been on campus recently, Human Resources and Risk Management will determine if additional individuals need to be notified about potential exposure and coordinate for any areas to be disinfected.
COVID-19 Supplemental Paid Sick Leave
The Governor of California signed Senate Bill 114 on February 9, 2022, which provides additional COVID-19 Supplemental Paid Sick Leave (SPSL) for all employees with the exception of work study employees. Up to 80 hours (10 days) of supplemental paid sick leave are available effective January 1, 2022, through December 31, 2022, for employees unable to work due to the following COVID-19 reasons.
Eligible employees must request SPSL by completing the COVID-19 SPSL 2022 form in Adobe Sign or the PDF version found under our COVID-19 Related Forms on the Human Resources website. Attach a copy of the positive test results if SPSL is being requested for yourself or a family member that has tested positive for COVID-19.
Employee Assistance Program
The Employee Assistance Program is a free, confidential counseling and referral service designed to help employees and their eligible dependents resolve personal, work, or home life events. Benefits eligible employees in all bargaining units are eligible for these services.
If you encounter a student in need
The Presidential Pioneers Emergency Fund provides immediate assistance to CSUEB students in need due to the COVID-19 crisis. Students seeking support from the Presidential Pioneers Emergency Fund should complete the Student Application for Emergency Assistance through Pioneers for H.O.P.E.
Facilities Development & Operations
- Submit your work request online or call 5-4444 from a campus phone or (510) 885-4444 from your cell phone. Business hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Submit key request online. If you need any other assistance, please help us maintain social distancing by calling the FDO office one hour before arriving at our office, and our staff will have your item ready for pickup.
ITS' Service Desk can be contacted in the following ways:
Self Service: http://www.csueastbay.edu/servicedesk
Phone: 510-885-HELP(4357) Please leave voicemail.
Information on classroom cleaning
Per CDC guidelines, all classrooms and laboratories will be cleaned and disinfected once daily before scheduled in person classes. Additional cleaning and disinfection are available upon request through the FDO work request system.