- Transfer Student Programs
- Transfer Student Spotlight
- Academic Support & Resources
- Smooth Transitions
- Student Involvement
Tips for Success
Transferring to a new college can be an adjustment for students. Get your books early and be ready for the first week of classes!
Follow these tips:
1. Read the syllabus. All class information, from tests dates to assignment due dates, are on the syllabus.
2. Don’t miss classes. Skipping lectures is not a good idea. The high volume of course materials covered is difficult to catch up if you fall behind.
3. Build good relationships with faculty. Attend office hours and seek as much help as you can from your professors.
4. Manage your time wisely. It is essential that you plan your schedule, and plan your time in order keep up with the work and to have a balanced student life.
5. Start working on assignments early. Prepare in advance assignments, quizzes, and exams. Give yourself some extra time to seek help when you need it.
6. Do not enroll in too many courses. Pick your course load wisely and consider the time commitment each course requires. Consult an academic advisor for questions.