Top NavTop NavTop Nav

Change of Name or Address

For legal name changes to your official academic record, complete the Personal Data Change Form and follow the instructions on the form.

For making changes to your permanent (home) mailing address record, or your local (mailing) address, enter the changes online directly in MyCSUEB.

Update of Preferred First Name

Students may update their preferred first name that will be viewed on the class roster, grade roster, and in MyCSUEB. The “primary” name will continue to be the student’s legal name and will continue to appear on the diploma, official and unofficial transcripts, the Bay Card, e-mail accounts, and any other university documents including financial aid or student financial accounts. Students must continue to use their primary names when conducting official university business. Changes to preferred name will not be processed during the grading cycle at the end of each term.

In order to change their preferred name, students should complete the Request to Update Preferred Name Form.

© California State University, East Bay. All Rights Reserved.