Top NavTop NavTop Nav

Probation and Disqualification

Academic Probation

Academic probation alerts you that your academic performance is below the state minimum required for graduation, and that you must improve your academic performance before a degree can be granted. For more information and the complete policy, see the Grading and Academic Standards FAQ

Improving your Academic Standing

There are various services to assist you in improving your academic standing. Visit the Academic Advising page to find your adviser and to make an advising appointment.


Students may be academically or administratively disqualified for not meeting university standards. Academic disqualification means you have failed to meet certain University standards regarding your academic progress and standing. Administrative disqualification means you do not meet other university guidelines for which you may be disqualified. Learn more about the complete policy guidelines in the Grading and Academic Standards FAQ.

If you have been disqualified, see your academic advisor for assistance.

© California State University, East Bay. All Rights Reserved.