In planning and implementing our conversion from quarter to semester for Fall 2018, California State University, East Bay (CSUEB) makes the following PLEDGE TO OUR STUDENTS:
- Academic advisors will work with students to develop an Individualized Advisement Plan that maps out their academic requirements for a timely graduation.
- Academic advisement centers and academic departments will continue to provide academic advising based on up-to-date information.
- At the time of the semester conversion, annual academic year student fees for two semesters will equal annual student fees charged for three quarters.*
- Semester conversion should not adversely affect students’ financial aid package. The Office of Financial Aid will advise students on the impact semester conversion may have, if any, on their financial aid eligibility.
- Students will not lose earned academic credit as the campus moves from a quarter to semester calendar. Quarter units will be converted to semester units, using this standard system: Quarter/Semester Unit Conversion.
- Throughout the conversion process, CSUEB will maintain the quality of our academic programs.
To fulfill their part in this semester conversion pledge, CSUEB students are expected to do the following:
- Declare a major before earning 90 quarter units and maintain that major through to graduation.
- Between Fall 2016 and Spring 2018, work with general education and major advisors to complete an Individualized Advisement Plan, which will indicate how your remaining quarter units will be fulfilled with semester classes. **
- Meet regularly with and follow advising instructions from your general education and major advisors.
- Follow your Individualized Advisement Plan and its timeline.
- Meet minimum grade requirements in each course on your Individualized Advisement Plan.
- Satisfy all graduation requirements as specified in your original catalog. Students unable to fulfill these expectations may delay their time to graduation.
*California State University system-wide tuition fees many be adjusted as deemed necessary and authorized by the Board of Trustees.
**Be aware that there will be differences between quarter and semester requirements. All students should work with general education and major advisors upon initial enrollment and throughout their academic careers.
Authorized by the President 3/4/15