Updated on April 26, 2018
If you have completed your credential at CSUEB (formerly CSU, Hayward) and need to have an Out of State/Country Credential Verification Form filled out for your credential application to another state, please follow these procedures below to request an Out of State/Country Verification:
- You must send the form to our office in hard copy to: 25800 Carlos Bee Blvd., Room AE 235, Hayward, CA 94542.
- Include a check or money order for $25 (payable to CSUEB) attached to the Credential Processing Receipt with each request. Use only one form per credential document, e.g., if you completed TEDSPED, that counts as two requests -- one for the Multiple Subject Credential and one for Education Specialist Credential, total of $50.
- Please be sure that your information is clearly noted along with any other pertinent applicant information needed by the requesting agency:
- Your full legal name (as it appears in the university records)
- Your CSUEB Net ID (Student ID)
- The credential program you are completing or have completed.
- Date you plan to complete your last requirement or date you already completed your entire program.
- Your daytime contact phone number.
- Photocopy of your California credential document.
- (Optional) Unofficial copies of all transcripts. Remitting your copies may expedite our processing in case we are unable to access your transcripts in the university student administration system.
- Within approximately 4 weeks of receiving your request, the CSSC will mail your Out of State/Country Verification to the mailing address as noted on the form(s).
- If there are any questions or concerns, our staff will email or call you before mailing out your form.
Please note: these forms are usually part of your application packet for an Out of State/Country Credential credential. Questions regarding these forms should be directed to the State Department of Education in the state to which you will seek a credential.
The CSSC will complete the request and obtain the necessary signatures.
For your planning, please know that requests are handled on a first-come, first-served basis although the official processing of credential documents will take precedence over verification requests.