- Support for Cal State East Bay
- Get Involved
- Areas of Support
- Ways to Give
- Staff Directory
- How to Make a Gift
- The Impact of Giving
- Donor Bill of Rights
- Educational Foundation
Hayward Promise Neighborhoods
Building cradle to career solutions
The Hayward Promise Neighborhoods (HPNs) is a collaborative partnership working to ensure educational success and a safe, healthy and thriving community for all Hayward residents. Part of the national Promise Neighborhood Initiative, HPN’s goal over the next five years is to lift up two designated Promise Neighborhoods (Jackson Triangle and South Hayward) so that all children living or attending school in the area succeed in their education and are well prepared for college, careers and life.
With 150,000 residents, the City of Hayward is the sixth-largest in the Bay Area and a thriving regional center of commerce, manufacturing activity and trade. Known as the “Heart of the Bay,” Hayward has capitalized on its unparalleled location to become a desirable destination for companies and individuals. Yet the allure of the Bay Area presents issues for residents, as the average house costs $630,000, and the median household income is just over $65,000.
The HPNs support residents from cradle to college to career, to improve successful transitions from each. The HPNs collaborative approach has supported:
- 64% increase in Hayward Unified School District students enrolled at CSUEB
- 10% increase in the high school graduation rate
- 190 more spots available for pre-schoolers to become ready for kindergarten
- 600 new enrollments career technical classes to boost family incomes
Cal State East Bay spearheads the HPN collaborative as the lead or “backbone” agency. HPNs partners include local schools, government agencies, non-profit organizations, and businesses.
Learn more about the Hayward Promise Neighborhoods, including how we work and who we are.
How you can help:
- Support scholarships for students from Hayward Unified School District high schools or transferring from Chabot Community College who want to attend Cal State East Bay. Contact Holly Fincke at (510) 885-3032, email@example.com for more information.
- Explore a corporate volunteering or giving partnership. Contact Valerie Schutz at (510) 885-2496, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.