- Global Academy
- Program Dates & Fees
- Short-Term Programs
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Frequently Asked Questions
- IELTS Test Center
- new student orientation
- Student Life
- Program Brochures
- Contact Us!
Paralegal Studies Certificate
This program is currently offered 100% online and we're not able to issue I-20s for international applicants. If you're interested in the online program, please refer to this page.
The American Bar Association (ABA)-approved California State University, East Bay Certificate in Paralegal Studies qualifies aspiring paralegals for entry-level positions in the field, whether in law offices, corporations, government agencies or other organizations. San Francisco Bay Area legal professionals hold Cal State East Bay's paralegal program in high regard. Many graduates have become accomplished paralegals at some of the most prestigious law firms in the East Bay Area.
Paralegals cannot provide legal advice, except as directed by an attorney, nor can they establish a client/business relationship or represent a client in court.
This program is offered in five 8-week sessions.
- Individuals interested in being prepared to work with attorneys in all areas of civil and criminal law as an entry-level paralegal.
- Individuals interested in becoming paralegals who seek a way to meet the educational requirements dictated by California law.
- Current paralegals who seek to differentiate themselves with an ABA-approved Paralegal Studies certificate, increase earning potential and meet or exceed the educational requirements dictated by California law.
- Give graduates the educational foundation necessary for a successful career as a paralegal in a variety of organizations.
- Provide graduates a way to meet the educational requirements for paralegals set forth by the State of California Business and Professions Code section 6450 et seq.
- Give graduates an understanding of the structure of the state and federal court system.
- Give graduates professional legal research and writing skills and sharpen their skills in problem solving and analytical thinking.
- Provide graduates an understanding of civil lawsuits and give them the skills and confidence necessary to assist in the discovery and preparation of related legal documents.
Details of the courses in this certificate can be found on the California State University, East Bay University Extension.