- Global Academy
- Program Dates & Fees
- Short-Term Programs
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Frequently Asked Questions
- IELTS Test Center
- new student orientation
- Student Life
- Airport Pickup Form
- Program Brochures
- Contact Us!
Pre-Business Analytics Program / Pre-Graduate Studies Program
Offered in collaboration with the College of Business and Economics, the Pre-Business Analytics is an intensive, integrated curriculum of business courses, GMAT preparation and critical academic skills for international students preparing to enter graduate business school.
Students are admitted to this program when preparing for admission to the AACSB accredited Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) at California State University, East Bay; and, can be useful for those pursuing other graduate degrees at this university. The length of program is two 8-week sessions, a total of 16 weeks.
- Students who do not possess an undergraduate degree in business, and intend to pursue an MSBA degree or any Master's in business degree at Cal State East Bay or other American university
- Undergraduate business majors who need to master the English and/or academic skills needed to pass required TOEFL, IELTS, GMAT exams, and academic course work for acceptance to the university MSBA Program
- Non-business professionals who seek an accelerated foundation in business administration without the degree
Admission Requirements for the Pre-Business Analytics Program
- A degree satisfying the undergraduate degree requirements of the MSBA, including no less than a GPA of 2.5 in the final two years of study. Meeting this requirement to be confirmed through screening of the transcript by International Admissions, following guidelines to be set by the College of Business.
- IELTS 6.0, TOEFL iBT 71, or Duolingo English Test 100
- The university application for MS in Business Analytics via Cal State Apply and $70 application fee must be submitted before enrolling in the master's program. It is not required to submit the university application at the same time with the ALP Pre-Business Analytics application.
A GMAT score is a requirement for continuing from first to second session in the Pre-Business Analytics program.
Admission Requirements for the CSU East Bay MSBA Program
After completion of the Pre-Business Analytics program, students are expected to satisfy all of the international student requirements to enter the CSU East Bay MSBA program, namely:
- Acceptable percentile rankings in verbal and quantitative section on GMAT
- IELTS 6.5 or TOEFL 80 (Duolingo is not acceptable for MSBA admission)
Pre-Business Analytics (GMAT Prep ONLY)
(1 semester: 8-week session x2 )
Pre-Business Analytics (with one semester credit course)
(1 semester: 8-week session x2)
|$150 one-time application fee & each time deferring or changing program|
|Registration Fee / semester
|Student Health Services Fee / Semester||$193|
|Pre-Business Analytics Tuition||$4,500/semester||$5,700 (includes $1,200 for one credit course)/semester|
|Total Fees||$4,993/semester **||$6,193/semester **|
** GMAT prep tuition and the registration fees are charged per 8-week session. Students are not required to pay for the entire semester. However, if a student is taking the prerequisite credit course, then that course fee must be paid in full at the beginning of the Fall or Spring semester ($1,200).
*Fees are subject to change without notice.
*If you choose to take undergraduate level math and/or statistics class through Open University, additional fees ($350/unit) will be applied.
- Admission to MSBA after meeting TOEFL or IELTS and GMAT requirements
- Strengthen business communication skills
- Develop necessary study skills for success in graduate business school
- Learn about US business practices
- Intensive GMAT test taking preparation
A typical one semester program may consist of:
- One or two graduate level MSBA courses for credit (3-6 semester credits) in Business Analytics. These courses are subject to space availability and students will enroll through the Open University system. Therefore, these two classes are not guaranteed.
- Graduate Writing/Reading course
- IELTS and GMAT Preparation courses
IELTS Preparation Class
An intensive overview of advanced vocabulary, reading, grammar, listening and essay writing. Focus is placed on improving IELTS test scores for admission to an MSBA program at Cal State East Bay or other institution.
GMAT Preparation Classes
- GMAT Verbal Preparation: A course that focuses on the verbal section of the test
- GMAT Quant Preparation: A course for students who need to practice the math skills required on the Quantitative section of the GMAT
Pre-Graduate Studies Program
Students who plan to enter a graduate program at Cal State East Bay or other university in the United States may take advanced courses to prepare for graduate school admission regardless of their intended area of study. Students who have obtained IELTS 6.0, TOEFL iBT 71, or Duolingo English Test 100 are eligible to attend the Pre-Graduate Studies Program and have the option of taking such courses as:
- Graduate Writing
- Research Writing
- Advanced Reading Skills
- Advanced Communication Skills
- GMAT Preparation
- IELTS Preparation
- CSUEB undergraduate or graduate credit courses to meet graduate program goals (with academic department's approval)