- Global Academy
- Program Dates & Fees
- Short-Term Programs
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Frequently Asked Questions
- IELTS Test Center
- new student orientation
- Student Life
- Airport Pickup Form
- Program Brochures
- Contact Us!
Housing for International Students
For Fall 2022- 2023 academic year, we are intentatively, planning on having classes on campus, campus housing is available. (Note: subject to changes depending on CDC, State and county guidelines on COVID-19 report)
All prospective students for all sessions must submit an International Student Housing Interest Form.
Note: All suggestions below regarding off-campus housing are provided to assist you. California State University, East Bay does not endorse any off-campus housing option and has no official affiliation with these vendors.
A. Off Campus Housing
DISCLAIMER: CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, EAST BAY PROVIDES INFORMATION REGARDING HOUSING IN THE EAST BAY AREA FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE ONLY. THE UNIVERSITY MAKES NO REPRESENTATION AS TO THE CONDITION OR SUITABILITY OF ANY OF THE LISTED RESOURCES OR ESTABLISHMENTS, NOR DOES IT ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR CONDITION OR RELIABILITY, OR FOR ANY AGREEMENTS YOU ENTER INTO WITH THEM. THIS WEBSITE IS NOT INTENDED TO PROVIDE LEGAL ADVICE, AND IT SHOULD NOT BE USED AS SUCH.
B. On Campus Housing:
Please note: Campus Housing adheres to the CDC, State and our Alameda County guidelines, all rooms in the apartments will be double occupancy except the Apartment Singles. A COVID testing negative result obtained with 72 hours is expected for check-in. Wearing a mask and social distancing is expected in all areas. For more info, please click on: Housing Info
Pioneer Heights is our campus housing for our ALP/CIE students. All ALP/CIE students will be assign to Juniper Suites when they first arrived unless the student communicated with us. Otherwise, students may request for a room change or location change before the end of the semester for the next semester.
All on-campus housings consist of apartments. In the suites, there are 4 bedrooms with 2 bathrooms. In each bedroom students can opt for 2 or 3 occupants. The rates are cheaper for 3 occupancy. Single room occupancy is only available in Shasta and Diablo which are two buildings reserved for upper classmen. Check out our Suites Double in 3 D!
The following amenities are available in Pioneer Heights:
- These apartments are fully furnished with a kitchenette that includes cabinets, dining table and chairs, a full sized refrigerator and a microwave. There is also a living area where you can hangout. There are no stoves for cooking as residents have complete mealplans.
- Within the complex, there are coin-operated laundry machines at the destinated laundry areas in both Lassen and El Dorado.
- Spaces for activities or study can be found within the apartment buildings and also in both Lassen and El Dorado.
- We also have a state of the art brand-new exercise facility on campus just across the road from Pioneer Heights. You may use the factility for free unless you were not charge the student activity fee with your tuition fee.
- Pioneer Kitchen is located next door to Juniper with ALL-You-Care-to-Eat Buffet and there are other food outlets on campus that you can use your flex dollars with. Check it out here.
- For your convenience you are assigned a personal mailbox but packages can be picked up at El Dorado.
On Campus Housing rates only for 2022/2023
|Single term stay is available only to students whose program ends in one 16 weeks term.||Fall 2022||Spring 2023||Summer 2022|
|BY Appointment: Between 10:00am to 4:00pm||By Appointment: Between 12:00pm to 3:00pm||By Appointment: Between 12:00pm to 3:00pm|
|Move-out Dates||12/19/2022 before 2:00pm||5/13/2022 before 2:00pm||8/5/2022 before 2:00pm|
|Rent in Pioneer Heights (Double/*)||n/a||n/a||$2,356.00|
|Rent in Pioneer Heights (Suites Triple)||$4,232.50||$3,546.50||n/a|
|Rent in Pioneer Heights (Suites Double)||$5,406.50||$4,530.50||n/a|
|Students whose program last more than one academic year will be contracted for one academic year||Fall '22 - Spring '23||Summer 2022|
|BY Appointment: Between 10:00am to 4:00pm||This is for Spring residents staying for the Summer|
|Move-out Dates||5/13/2022 before 2:00pm||8/5/2022 before 2:00pm|
|Rent in Pioneer Heights (Double/*)||n/a||$3,192.00|
|Rent in Pioneer Heights (Suites Triple)||$7,779.00||n/a|
|Rent in Pioneer Heights Suites Double)||$9,937.00||n/a|
|For Fall and Spring|
|Meal Plans: Two Choices||Price per Semester||Meals per week||Flex Dollars per semester|
|Black 15||Fall: $ 2695.00||
15 meals per week
|Spring: $ 2695.00|
19 meals per week
|Spring: $ 2895.00|
|For Summer 2022||TBD||TBD||TBD|
Application procedure for International Students planning to stay in On-Campus Housing for the regular academic year:
- On-campus Housing is on a first-come, first-served basis based on completion of contract, and priority will be given to residents who plan to live on campus for more than one semester.
- Complete and submit International Student Housing Interest Form
- Housing will send you instructions to get on the Housing Portal link and pay a non-refundable application fee of $40, initial Housing payment of $500 (part of the rent, not a deposit) and to complete your housing contract. Once your contract is completed, you will be placed on waitlist.Housing will assign space based on space availability and where you are on the waitlist. It is very important to be on the waitlist as soon as possible. Since Housing is on a first come first serve basis, your position on the waitlist is important. However, completion of contract does NOT guarantee a space in On-campus housing. It depends on the availability of bedspace.
- Student Housing and Residence Life will send Housing Portal instructions to your CSUEB Horizon email. Please go on the Housing portal link after you have activated your netID and password. If you are an ALP student and do not have your netID, please email us at Internationalstudenthousing@csueastbay.edu.Complete the process and payment on the Housing portal. Remember, by completing the Housing portal process, you are signing a contract. It is a legal binding agreement and any cancellation must be approved by CSUEB Student Housing. Please read the Housing License Agreement
- Once you completed the portal process you are in a binding contract agreeing to the license agreement terms on no.4 above.
- If you wish to cancel your housing contract for any reason, please read the Housing cancellation policy. Then, if you qualifies, submit the cancellation form to Pioneer Height Housing Office in Lassen Hall. Note that unless you have the valid reasons as state in the cancellation policy, it can be very difficult to cancel. Also, upon approved to cancel, you will have to pay cancellation fees as stated in the cancellation policy.
- For housing payment you may pay by personal check (funds must be in US dollars from a US bank account) or a bank draft/cashier's check made payable to CSUEB. Be sure to include your full name and NetID. Mail to the following address. Please do NOT send cash. Alternatively, use your credit card to pay online (Visa or Mastercard) or US bank debit card. 2.9% handling fee applies.
Cal State East Bay
25800 Carlos Bee Blvd
Hayward, CA 94542
- Plan to arrive on campus and move into On-campus Housing on the exact official move-in dates given in the tables above. After you have purchased your air ticket, email your arrival time to InternationalStudentHousing@csueastbay.edu. For those planning to arrive earlier than the official move-in dates, please be sure to reserve a room at a nearby hotel/motel.
- Airport pickup is available for $150 and up depending on the number of people being pick up, to be paid at the University Cashier during orientation. To request airport transportation, please fill out the Student Airport Pickup Form. It would be much cheaper to take Uber or Lyft instead. email us if you need instructions.
Contact us at any time with questions regarding housing, your Net ID or if you are missing the Housing portal instructional emails from Student Housing and Residential Life. We are here to help you!
Total On-campus Housing charges that you will have to pay= Rent + Meal plan + Miscellaneous Fees
You have to sign a legal agreement to move-in to On-campus Housing. If you have exceptional reasons to leave early, you have to submit a cancellation form to Housing for approval. Upon approval by Housing Office, you will be charged a $100 cancellation fee and any additional fees based on your contract including one month of rent. Move out without approval will result in full payment per your contract.
Students who anticipate staying for only one semester due to completion of a program at the University or withdrawal from the University must note that on the interest form and also submit the cancellation form.
The Cancellation Request Form is available here or at the Housing Office during the business hours of 8am-7pm, Monday through Thursday and Friday is 8 to 5pm.
Note: Meal plan is mandatory
Fees are subject to change without notice