Transferable Courses

Which Credits are Transferable

If you are transferring from a California community colleges, typically the Transfer Center will have lists of courses that transfer to CSU campuses. In addition, ASSIST is California's official online service for determining how courses credits will transfer between institutions. To determine which of your courses will transfer prior to completion of your transfer credit evaluation (DAR), visit ASSIST or consult your community college Transfer Center.

Students with transfer credits from a regionally accredited four-year college typically find most courses are transferable.

CSUEB's Academic Catalog outlines the policy for how a student's transfer credit is evaluated and awarded.


ASSIST is an online student-transfer information system that shows how course credits earned at one public California college or university can be applied when transferred to another. ASSIST is the official repository of articulation for (i.e. agreements between) California’s public colleges and universities and provides the most accurate and up-to-date information about student transfer in California. Visit

Credit by Exam

CSUEB does award credit for College Level Examination Program (CLEP) tests. Accepted tests and necessary scores are outlined in the Academic Catalog. Course credit may be used to satisfy requirements in the major or GE, but not both.