- Veteran Student Services
- Veterans Orientation 2022
- Complaint Resolution
- Veteran Students
- Academic Services
There are a variety of tutoring options available for current students:
- Student Center for Academic Achievement (SCAA) – located on the 2nd floor of the University Library. SCAA provides drop-in tutoring for math, writing and statistics as well as weekly and one time appointments for math and writing. They also provide eTutoring which is online tutoring for a variety of subjects. The Online Writing Lab (OWL) is available to submit writing assignments online and receive tutor feedback via email. Contact SCAA for more information at 510-885-3674 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students who qualify for any one of the seven SEAS (Student Equity and Success) Programs are eligible for one-on-one weekly academic support in selected courses in Business, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Philosophy, Physics, and Writing. The academic support sessions are one hour per week and free for SEAS students! To request academic support, click here. Scheduling starts on the first day of the semester.
- Students who qualify for Project Impact are eligible to receive customized, one-on-one tutoring in most subjects. One on one tutoring is offered in two distinct ways: Drop in Tutoring Lab and Scheduled Appointments. For more information, click here.
- There is a Writing Skills Tutor available on the Concord Campus Mondays through Thursdays from 1:00pm to 6:00pm. The tutor service is available in Library Room 242. At CSU East Bay all students are required to pass a Writing Skills Test. The writing tutor is available to help all students who may need or want help preparing for the test. The tutor is also available to review essays and other written assignments and help students better their writing. You can sign up for a half hour time slot in the Library to see the Writing Skills Tutor.
- Check with your major department to find out what tutor options are available.
- Tutor Doctor provides academic services to veterans of all ages. Their tutoring program covers college and university level courses, test preparation, and even vocational training—including computer and social media skills. They come to your home, at a time that is convenient for you, so that you can get the help you need when you need it most. Tutor Doctor recently secured a $4.66 million, 5-year award through the U.S. Veterans Administration (VA) to provide tutoring services to military veterans as a part of the Veterans Affairs Vocational Rehabilitation Program. Call 888-718-8832 for more information.
- Veteran students sign-up every semester to tutor other veterans in particular subjects. Check the Veterans Resource Center at the start of the term for available subjects. If you are using VA GI Bill benefits, you may have the option of requesting tutorial assistance through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. For more information, click here.