- Veteran Student Services
- Veterans Orientation 2022
- Complaint Resolution
- Veteran Students
- Academic Services
Veteran Peer Mentors
What is the Veteran Peer Mentoring program?
- A Peer Mentoring Program for veterans attending CSUEB. It is administered by the Veterans Retention Coordinator.
What is the purpose of the Veteran Peer Mentoring program?
- To provide a supportive environment for incoming student veterans in order to ease their transition from military to civilian and/or academic life.
- To provide a supportive environment for current student veterans who need assistance with accessing resources available to them.
How does it work?
- "Seasoned" student veterans (i.e. mentors) are matched with incoming student veterans (i.e. mentees/proteges) who could benefit from having a guide, coach, or resource person during their first year at CSUEB.
- "Soft Skill" Development- opportunity to develop/enhance skills in effective communication (e.g. developing rapport, active listening, providing/ receiving feedback, etc.)
- Knowledge Sharing- chance to share knowledge regarding your major and career aspirations, effective study habits, school/community resources, social activities, etc.
- Instrinsic Satisfaction- gained through acting as a guide, coach, and/or resource person
- Resume Building - mentoring demonstrates the effectiveness of your soft skills and ability to share knowledge, which are qualities highly in demand by employers