Top NavTop NavTop Nav

Graduate Reinstatement

Graduate students seeking reinstatement must:

  • Address a letter to their Graduate Coordinator or Major Department Chair, stating the reasons why their G.P.A. fell below a 3.00 and/or why they were removed from their graduate program for any non-grade-related issue.  The letter should also indicate how they will improve their grades and/or address other program-related performance issues and remain in good standing if reinstated.
  • Meet with their Graduate Coordinator or Major Department Chair to discuss the issues presented in their letter.

The Graduate Coordinator or Major Department Chair:

  • If the Graduate Coordinator supports reinstatement, he/she completes and signs the Petition for Graduate Reinstatement after meeting with the graduate student.
  • Sends the completed Petition for Graduate Reinstatement form, along with the student's letter, to the Senior Director, Academic Programs and Graduate Studies, SA 4500.
© California State University, East Bay. All Rights Reserved.