- Office of Research and Sponsored Programs
- Week of Scholarship
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Program
- Institutional Review Board
- IRB News & Updates
- Protocol Submission
- Does My Research Require Review?
- Review Categories
- Review Process
- Review Decisions
- Criteria for Approval or Suspension of Research
- Normal Educational Practices Considered Exempt From Full Committee Review
- Protocol Guidelines
- How to Facilitate IRB Protocol Review
- Issues of Special Concern
- Complete Protocol Package
- Elements of Voluntary Informed Consent
- Guidelines for Obtaining Assent from Minors
- Human Subjects Research Training Course
- Forms & Templates
- Modification Review
- Continuation Review
- Adverse Events
- Protocol Deviation/Violation
- Use of Deception in Research
- Frequently Asked Questions
- IRB Membership
- Other Resources
- Understanding Reliance Agreements
- Policy Library
- Forms Library
- Centers and Institutes at CSUEB
- Monitoring Tools
Committee on Research
The Committee on Research (CR) is a standing committee of the Cal State East Bay Academic Senate. The duties of the committee include
- encouraging research by members of the University Faculty;
- make recommendations to the Academic Senate on policies and procedures concerning research activities, facilities, and support at the University;
- make recommendations regarding proposals for new Centers and Institutes;
- review Faculty Support Grant proposals and make recommendations for funding to the AVP for Research and Sponsored Programs;
- review student research summaries and make recommendations of students to participate in the statewide CSU Student Research Competition.
More information is available on the Committee on Research website including agendas and documents.
Principal Investigators' Advisory Committee
The PI Investigators Advisory Committee has been formed in response to a recommendation in the Research Strategic Planning Task Force Report of 2011. The recommendation builds on the identification of “continuous communication with faculty about research issues, organizational structures and potential opportunities” as a best practice and the “effective and sufficient administrative support for research” as a vision.
Specific roles and responsibilities of the PI Advisory Committee are to:
- advise the Associate Vice President for Research and Sponsored Programs on all matters associated with pre- and post-award management and compliance;
- contribute to the development and maintenance of a strategic plan for stewarding the research mission and vision to be developed by ORSP and the Academic Senate’s Committee on Research;
The Advisory Committee members consists of at least one PI per college and the Chair of the Academic Senate’s Committee on Research.
The Associate Vice President for Research and Professional Development shall convene the committee at least once per semester. Meetings may occur more frequently if necessary.