CSUEB Exchange Programs

red buildingCSUEB Exchange Programs are established through formal reciprocal agreements with overseas universities. Under these agreements, a CSUEB student and a student from the host partner university exchange places while continuing to pay fees at their home university. Students who participate on these exchange programs receive assistance when they arrive at the overseas institution but students must be independent, mature, adaptable, and flexible.

Features of CSUEB Exchange Programs

  • Coursework in English, along with language instruction in the host country
  • Semester and year-long programs available
  • Students earn resident credit while studying abroad
  • Students pay their normal CSUEB tuition for the term(s) they are studying abroad
  • On-campus housing available at most locations


  • Cumulative G.P.A. of 2.7
  • Completion of 'Golden 4' GE Requirements (A1, A2, A3, B4)
  • Check individual program pages below for additional details


Application Procedure

  1. Review specific CSUEB Exchange Program webpage (and the host university’s website) to research courses available in English, program dates and other details.
  2. Complete the CSUEB Exchange Program Interest Form to confirm your interest in applying to a CSUEB Exchange Program. Please note this is ONLY an interest form - you will be required to complete your program’s application materials when they become available.
  3. Meet with Academic Advisors to discuss the course approval process.  Upon successful completion, your coursework will count as CSUEB resident credit, appear on your CSUEB transcript, and be calculated into your CSUEB grade point average.
  4. Meet with a Financial Aid Counselor to discuss your study abroad plans and review your anticipated award. Financial aid (except for work study) may be applied to the CSUEB Exchange Programs. Find out when and where aid will be dispersed. You may have to plan ahead with how you will pay for expenses that you have before financial aid is disbursed. 
  5. The Center for International Education will review all students who submit the Program Interest Form for academic eligibility & program suitability and submit list of nominated students to the host university.  Please note:  If more qualified CSUEB students apply for a particular semester than the exchange partner can accommodate, the Center for International Education may need to conduct interviews to select students for exchange.
  6. The Host University will notify nominated students regarding the Host University application process and deadlines.  Please check your email frequently, and respond to inquiries from the Host University promptly.  Please keep a copy of application materials submitted to host university, and forward a copy of application to the Center for International Education.
  7. For most programs, acceptance notification will occur within one to two months after the host university’s application deadline.
  8. You are required to notify the Exchange Programs Advisor if you decide NOT to participate in the CSUEB Exchange Program.
  9. Accepted students are required to participate in a Pre-Departure Orientation and enroll in the CSU insurance policy for study abroad students. 
  10. Upon the completion of the program, host university transcripts will be sent by the host university to the Center for International Education and then forwarded to the Records Office to be applied to your academic records. This process can take anywhere from 2-5 months. If you decide to study abroad in your last semester, please be advised that the posting of your degree may be delayed until transcripts are received and credits are applied.