- Support for Cal State East Bay
- Areas of Support
- Ways to Give
- Staff Directory
- The Impact of Giving
- Donor Bill of Rights
- Educational Foundation
- University Advancement
Who We Are
Hayward Promise Neighborhoods is a collaborative partnership working to ensure educational success and a safe, healthy, thriving community for all living in Hayward. Our vision is to alleviate generational poverty and create equity for all living in Hayward.
Hayward Promise Neighborhoods partners are: Alameda County Public Health Nursing, Cal State East Bay, Chabot College, City of Hayward, Community Child Care Council of Alameda County (4Cs), Eden Area Regional Occupational Program, Eden Youth and Family Center, First 5 Alameda County, Hayward Unified School District, La Familia Counseling Service, Tiburcio Vasquez Health Center.
Three networks within HPNs coordinate services:
- Early Learning Network directed by Renee Herzfeld, Community Child Care Council (4Cs) of Alameda County
- Neighborhood Health and Empowerment Network directed by Mark Salinas, Cal State East Bay
- Cradle to Career Education Reform Network, directed by Edgar Chavez, Cal State East Bay, and Sabrina Aranda, Hayward Unified School District
Supporters: Our founding support is by the U.S. Department of Education with other major funders including: Genentech, AT&T Foundation, Fremont Bank, Comerica Bank, Jewish Community Federation, Kaiser Permanente, Marguerite Casey Foundation, San Francisco Foundation, Wells Fargo Bank, and the W. K. Kellogg Foundation.
California Promise Neighborhoods Network: The five California-based Promise Neighborhoods created by the U.S. Department of Education collaborates to spread the Promise model throughout California and share best practices to support every child from cradle to college to career. The five Promise Neighborhoods in California, spanning urban and rural centers, are San Diego, Chula Vista, Corning, Hayward, and San Francisco (Mission District). These neighborhoods have demonstrated increases in:
- Children being ready for kindergarten
- Children and youth succeeding in school
- Healthy children
- Students graduating from high school and obtaining a postsecondary degree
- Families supporting learning
- Economically resilient families
How you can help
- Support scholarships for students from Hayward Unified School District high schools or transferring from Chabot Community College who want to attend Cal State East Bay. Contact Brad Vartan at (510) 885-3183, email@example.com for more information.
- Explore a corporate volunteering or giving partnership. Contact Brad Vartan at (510) 885-3183, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- For volunteer opportunities with HPNs partners (tutoring, food distribution, neighborhood clean-up, etc.) contact Lucy Cisneros (email@example.com)