- Office of Diversity
- Faculty Fellows
- UDO Letters
- Election Resources
- Cultural Awareness Keynote Speakers 2019-2020
- Title IX and Discrimination, Harassment & Retaliation
- Faculty and Staff Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Affinity Groups
- Diversity Advisory Committee Action Plan
- Diversity Advisory Council
- Diversity & Inclusion Student Center (DISC)
- Ombuds Services
- About Us
Office of Diversity Election HubThe Office of Diversity utilizes the theory of Social Justice as its foundation for our practice. We are advocates for issues involving human rights and civil rights; they are integral to our aspiration to become a more inclusive East Bay. This page is a resource for information regarding diversity, equity and inclusion voting issues. For more general resources around the election and voting please see the Cal State East Bay Election page.
Please note that we will not be hosting a Post-Election Community Care Space on Friday at 6:00 PM. Instead, we will host an additional community care space once the election has been decided. This website will be updated with the registration information for that event once we know more.
- Post-Election Community Care Space | 11/4/2020 at 12:00 PM, all current students, staff, and faculty are invited to join the Office of Diversity in community and conversation. Register to attend the event on zoom.
- Post-Election Community Care Space | 11/4/2020 at 6:00 PM, all current students, staff, and faculty are invited to join the Office of Diversity in community and conversation. Register to attend the event on zoom.
- Post-Election Community Care Space | 11/6/2020 at 12:00 PM, all current students, staff, and faculty are invited to join the Office of Diversity in community and conversation. Register to attend the event on zoom.
- * NEW* Post-Election Community Care Space | 11/9/2020 at 12:00 PM, all current students, staff, and faculty are invited to join the Office of Diversity in community and conversation. Register to attend the event on zoom.
- Standing Up for Democracy: Reclaiming Fake News | 10/22/2020 at 12:15 PM, podcasters and media experts Dr. Nolan Higdon and Dr. Nicholas Baham III introduce effective ways for detecting fake news and critically analyzing news content. Link to access the recorded lecture. Passcode: 5Kz1*j^W
- Politics in Social Media | 10/20/2020 at 11:30 AM, come discuss the pros and cons that come with politics being in social media! Recording unavailable.
Elections Through the Lens of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Election Day: History of Voting in America | Join Dr. Joy DeGruy and Bahia Overton for this special edition of Wellness Wednesday as they uncover the historical barriers that have deterred Black Americans from voting and how it has led to the current landscape of the elections.
- #RaceAnd the Vote: Centering Communities of Color during Elections | This webinar will explore the connection between race, racial justice, and elections.
- Stacey Abrams Addresses Voter Suppression | Need To Know | America struggled with voter suppression in the 1800s, and in 2020, the problem persists. MTV News's Dometi Pongo and 2018 Georgia gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams have what you Need To Know about All In For Voting, the many forms of voter suppression, and why young people exerting their power at the polls is viewed as a threat.
Preparing for the Election
2020 General Election - Returning Completed Vote by Mail Ballot | CA Secretary of State
2020 General Election- 'Same Day' Voter Registration | CA Secretary of State
How to Research | MediaWise Voter Guide
Following The Money | MediaWise Voter Guide
Easy Voter Guide | League of Women Voters of California
Verify It News Literacy Quiz | League of Women Voters
CA Voter Bill of Rights | California Secretary of State
Democracy for President | More in Common
Facing History | Facing History and Ourselves
MANAGING ELECTION RELATED STRESS | CSUEB Student Health and Counseling Center
12 Self-Care Tips for the Election Anxiety We’re All Feeling | Irina Gonzales
Election Stress Getting To You? 4 Ways To Keep Calm | Rhitu Chatterjee
Coping with Anxiety and Uncertainty [during the election] | JED Foundation