- Music Department
- About Us
- Prospective Students
- Student Resources
- Music Ensembles
- Faculty & Staff
- News & Events
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Diversity is the presence of differences that may include race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, ethnicity, nationality, socioeconomic status, language, (dis)ability, age, religious commitment, or political perspective. Populations that have been-and remain- underrepresented among practitioners in the field and marginalized in the broader society.
Equity is promoting justice, impartiality and fairness within the procedures, processes, and distribution of resources by institutions or systems. Tackling equity issues requires an understanding of the root causes of outcome disparities within our society.
Inclusion is an outcome to ensure those that are diverse actually feel and/or are welcomed. Inclusion outcomes are met when you, your institution, and your program are truly inviting to all. To the degree to which diverse individuals are able to participate fully in the decision-making processes and development opportunities within an organization or group.CSUEB Office of Diversity
The CSUEB Department of Music Commitment to the Success of Our Students
The CSUEB Department of Music promises to
- Cherish the distinct identity of each student by cultivating meaningful relationships and tailoring personal educational journeys.
- Recognize the unique circumstances of our students, including their complicated personal lives, and strive to offer sound and flexible advising and educational experiences tailored to each student's specific needs.
- Deliver expert and practical instruction and coursework while upholding the highest academic standards expected of a department accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music.
- Empower our students by acknowledging their status as aspiring professionals, respecting their individual artistic and personal expressions, and honoring their lived experiences.
- Adjust to the dynamic and ever-changing landscape of the music profession and ensure that our students are equipped with resilient educational experiences that will serve them beyond their academic years.