- Music Department
- Prospective Students
- Student Resources
- Music Ensembles
- Faculty & Staff
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- News & Events
Music Equipment Office
The Music Equipment Office is responsible for the repair, maintenance, issuance, movement, setup, storage, and inventory control of musical instruments, equipment and accessories for the Department of Music.
Contact & Location:
Office: MB 1525
CSUEB students and faculty may check out instruments, equipment, or other needs. No student may checkout any materials if he/she has overdue materials still out. Equipment borrowed is due the last day of finals of the semester during which it is checked out. Equipment may be renewed if needed for performance or class for the following session or semester.
A checkout agreement form must be signed for all equipment that is borrowed. Signature on the checkout agreement form acknowledges that any damage, theft, or loss is the sole responsibility of the signer. Checkout agreement forms are issued from the Music Equipment Office (MB 1525).
Lost or Damaged Equipment
Lost or damaged equipment is the responsibility of the person whose name appears on the checkout agreement form. The responsible party will be issued a bill for replacement or repair of the equipment.
Equipment is available for rental to schools, performing ensembles, festivals or other events. All potential renters must have proof of liability insurance before equipment can be rented. Please contact the Equipment Technician for pricing and additional information.
Lockers for instrument storage are issued according to the following conditions and regulations:
- Lockers will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis. Students must sign a checkout agreement form.
- Lockers will only be assigned for storage of musical equipment used in classes offered by the Music Department.
- Only one will be assigned at a time. Students needing more locker space will be accommodated at a later time, provided that there are more lockers available and the student has proven need for additional storage space.
- Locker sizes will be assigned according to the instrument to be stored.
- Some instruments cannot be stored in lockers due to the limited locker sizes available. If there are no lockers that can reasonably accommodate an instrument, that instrument may be stored in room 1525 during posted working hours, space permitting.
- Lockers will need to be reissued each semester. Two weeks before the end of the semester, an email reminder will be sent out to all users. Students then can respond with their intentions for the following semester. Lockers not renewed after the grace period of one week after the new semester starts will have the contents emptied, and combination changed. Contents will be retained in room 1525 for one semester after removal and then will be sent either to Public Safety or discarded as deemed fit.
- Lockers with keys will be subject to the additional checkout procedures because of having a key issued. Lost keys can be reissued after a $20 replacement fee has been paid to the University Cashier. Reissue of a new key will occur when a receipt of payment is presented to the Equipment Office.
- Lockers are subject to inspection and search at the discretion of the Department and/ or University Police. The students are allowed to occupy the locker, but retain no rights and or/ privileges to the locker. (By accepting the combination or key, students acknowledge these terms and limited use conditions.)
- The Department of Music reserves the right to terminate the students' use of any locker at any time. Furthermore, the Department of Music, accepts no liability for any item or article within the locker. The Department of Music will not be held liable for theft or damage to any student property or supplies while in the locker.
CSUEB Recording Services utilizes an automated recording platform (ARP) in MB 1055 to record all recitals and concerts using the aiff recording format. ARP will begin recording five minutes before the scheduled event and will record until a half hour after the event is scheduled to end on the CSUEB Events Calendar.
- Concerts recorded via ARP are available online free of charge to CSUEB students, faculty, and staff at the Music Major Group in Blackboard. (choose "Music Majors" under "Organizations and Clubs")