B.A. in Music


  • Music Composition/Music Production
  • Instrumental Performance (Classical/Jazz)
    • Flute, Clarinet, Oboe, Bassoon; Saxophone(s); French Horn, Trumpet, Trombone, Tuba; Harp, Violin/Viola, Cello; Piano, Guitar (Acoustic, Electric), Bass (Acoustic, Electric); Percussion; Jazz Drums.
  • Vocal Performance (Classical)

Degree Requirements

  • The major requirements consists of 54 units, you can see all the courses and detailed information in the University Catalog
  • General Education (GE) & Graduation Requirements (GR) consists of 57 units. For more information on the GE/GR requirements, see the General Education section of the University Catalog, and, most importantly, the GE/GR Checklist.
  • Free Electives may consist of 9 units (actual number of free elective units may depend on your choice of GE/GR units).

Note: It is possible to double-count units within the graduation requirements. A course may satisfy both a graduation requirement and a major requirement.

Will My Courses Transfer?

Dedicated information for transfers can be found in the Transfer Requirement portion of the admissions website.

To determine if your courses will transfer and/or satisfy the above requirements (A1, A2, A3, B4) you can use the following resources:

  • California Community College Courses: Search for courses in ASSIST.
  • Private or out-of-state colleges: CSUEB maintains the TES database of pre-approved transfer courses from private and out-of-state colleges. If you do not see your course listed, it does not necessarily mean it will not be transferable since it only contains courses already reviewed by our staff. You can Search for Courses in TES.