- Music Department
- Prospective Students
- Student Resources
- Music Ensembles
- Faculty & Staff
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- News & Events
Programs of Study
- Applied Study in
- Music Composition/Music Production
- Instrumental Performance (Classical/Jazz)
- Vocal Performance (Classical)
- While pursuing a Bachelor of Art (B.A) in Music degree at CSUEB. Students must be admitted into the B.A. in Music degree in order to start this certificate.
- As a post-baccalaureate applicant. Post-baccalaureate applicants can find more information about CSUEB's Second Bachelor requirements here.
The Music Minor (20 Units)
A music minor is a great option for a student who is passionate about music, performance or conducting, but who chooses to major in another field. Our program aims to broaden, as well as deepen, students' understanding of the art of music and offers a good deal of flexibility, as outlined in the requirements below.
Required Theory Units (6)
MUS 111 - Music Theory I Units: 2
MUS 112 - Music Theory II Units: 2
MUS 115 - Aural Skills I Units: 1
MUS 116 - Aural Skills II Units: 1
Required Keyboard Musicianship (2)
Placement determined by instructor. Take 2 units from the following:
MUS 118 - Keyboard Musicianship I Units: 1
MUS 119 - Keyboard Musicianship II Units: 1
MUS 218 - Keyboard Musicianship III Units: 1
Lower Division Electives (3 units)
Upper Division Electives (9 units)
Declaring minor in writing is an important step in establishing your student record. To declare a minor, fill out the Change of Minor or Option Form (also found in the Enrollment Information Center on the first floor of the Student Services Building) and submit to the Office of the Registrar.
Make sure you contact the Department of Music before you start the process of declaring the Music Minor:
Department of Music
Music Building, MB 2569
Phone: (510) 885-3135