Programs of Study

Bachelor of Arts in Music

Private Lessons in:
  • Music Composition/Music Production
  • Instrumental Performance (Classical/Jazz)
    • Flute, Clarinet, Oboe, Bassoon; Saxophone(s); French Horn, Trumpet, Trombone, Tuba; Harp, Violin/Viola, Cello; Piano, Guitar (Acoustic, Electric), Bass (Acoustic, Electric); Percussion; Jazz Drums.
  • Vocal Performance (Classical)

The Music Minor

A music minor is a great option for a student who is passionate about music, performance or conducting, but who chooses to major in another field. Our program aims to broaden, as well as deepen, students' understanding of the art of music and offers a good deal of flexibility!

 Master of Arts in Music

The M.A. in Music is not accepting new students at this time while we restructure the program. Any interested graduate students should contact the department for further information. Expected new admissions cycle to open for Fall 2025.

Music Education Graduate Certificate

The 31-unit Music Education Graduate Certificate is a sequence of courses designed to prepare students to successfully apply and complete a Single Subject (in Music) Education Credential and become successful music teachers in K-12 California schools.