- Office of Research and Sponsored Programs
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee
- Institutional Review Board
- IRB News & Updates
- IRB Meeting Schedule and Submission Deadlines
- Frequently Asked Questions
- IRB helpful tips
- Does My Research Require Review?
- IRB Forms & Templates
- Protocol Submission
- Review Categories
- Review Process
- Review Decisions
- Criteria for Approval or Suspension of Research
- Normal Educational Practices Considered Exempt From Full Committee Review
- How to Facilitate IRB Protocol Review
- Issues of Special Concern
- Complete Protocol Package
- Protocol Guidelines
- How to Obtain Consent
- Elements of Voluntary Informed Consent
- Guidelines for Obtaining Assent from Minors
- Human Subjects Research Training Course
- Modification Review
- Continuation Review
- Adverse Events
- Protocol Deviation/Violation
- Use of Deception in Research
- Understanding Reliance Agreements
- Other Resources
- IRB Membership (2023-2024)
- Centers and Institutes at CSUEB
- Policies, Procedures, and Resources
- Forms Library
- Monitoring Tools
Research, Scholarship, Creative Activity Support Grants
Frequently Asked Questions
Only approved travel that is directly related to achieving the scope of the funded project, such as field work, is allowed. Travel to a conference is not supported by RSGs and must be charged to other sources that will pay for such expenses.
Please ensure that a travel authorization form is completed and approved prior to travel. Travel reimbursements for faculty are processed via Certify.
If you are conducting research and using human subjects, you will need to submit a human subjects research protocol and obtain approval before beginning your research and collecting data.
Questions can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Tina Avilla (IRB Coordinator) at 510-885-4476 or email@example.com. Please reference the Institutional Review Board website for more information.