- SCAA Homepage
- Make an Appointment
- About Us
- Types of Tutoring
- Resources For Students
- Info for Faculty & Staff
Work With Us
The heart of the SCAA’s work is a dedicated staff of peer tutors, online tutors, Supplemental Instruction (SI) Leaders, Writing Associates (WAs), and Receptionists. The SCAA employs individuals who are interested in helping their peers engage in life-long learning; possess patience and good communication skills; are sensitive to diverse student needs; are reliable, committed, and accountable; are willing to creatively and collaboratively contribute to the advancement of the SCAA; and are interested in being a part of a community that is passionate about student success.
If you are interested in working for the SCAA, there are 5 different opportunities — Supplemental Instruction (SI) Leaders, Peer Tutors (Math/Stats/Science), Writing Tutors, and Receptionists. Please select the icons below for more information. The SCAA utilizes a "common application" (one link) for all positions.
SCAA Peer Leadership Updates
Please note: We are fully staffed for Spring 2023 Positions
- Supplemental Instruction (SI) Leader positions - no longer reviewing Spring applications
- Writing Tutor positions - no longer reviewing Spring applications
- SCAA Reception Team - no longer reviewing Spring applications
- SCAA Subject Tutor positions (Math/Stats/Sciences) - no longer reviewing Spring applications
Webpage updated 1.10.2023
For Faculty/Staff Members:
Each semester the SCAA recruits and hires currently-enrolled undergraduate/graduate students from the CSUEB community who exhibit a passion for helping fellow students (all positions) and a strong grasp of course content (Peer Tutors/SI Leaders).
Please use the SCAA Student Employment Nomination/Recommendation Form to nominate or recommend students for SCAA student employment opportunities.
- What's the difference between a nomination and a recommendation?
- Nominations: for students who (to your knowledge) have not yet applied for a SCAA position
- Recommendations: for students who have applied to a SCAA position and have directly requested a recommendation from you
- More information available within the form linked above