The Two-Court Gymnasium is used for open recreation when no other programs or reservations are scheduled. Intramural Sport League games such as basketball, indoor soccer, dodgeball, volleyball, and badminton take place in this gym. The gymnasium also has pre-set informal recreation times for basketball, volleyball, and badminton. If the gymnasium is not set up for the activity you wish to play, you may contact a staff member and they will be more than happy to set up the necessary equipment, provided the courts are not already in use.
Equipment for Open and Informal Recreation is available for check out via the Equipment Rental Counter (please refer to the equipment check out policies and procedures for specifics regarding this service).
Any person(s) using the gymnasium agrees to abide by the following policies and procedures:
- Food and beverages are not permitted, except water in a sealable, non-breakable container.
- The use of profanity, abusive language, threatening gestures, excessive arguing or other unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated within the Recreation and Wellness (RAW) Center. Persons engaging in such behavior will be asked to leave the RAW Center and may risk suspension or termination of access privileges.
- For your safety and the safety of those around you, dunking, hanging on the rims or net, and slapping the backboard is not permitted.
- Proper gym attire, including a shirt and non-marking closed-toe shoes, is required at all times.
- During Open Recreation hours, court space in the gymnasium is available on a first-come, first-served basis. When other participants are waiting to play, a time limit of 30 minutes per individual/group per court will be enforced by RAW Staff.
- Do not spit on the gym floor or in the drinking fountains. Please use a trash can.
- Frisbees, footballs, baseballs, and soccer or futsal balls are not allowed for use within the gym, unless approved by RAW Staff.
- Personal belongings must be stored in a cubby, or a complimentary day-use locker available in all locker rooms. The RAW Center is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen items. Personal belongings are not permitted on the gymnasium floor.
- Spectators must watch from the gymnasium seating areas only. Sitting under the basketball rims is not permitted at any time. Similarly, members are not allowed to congregate on the indoor track in the second floor.
- Should any injury occur while in the gymnasium, contact a RAW Staff member immediately.