Eligibility for Counseling Services

All currently registered students of CSU East Bay are eligible for counseling services at Student Health and Counseling Services (SHCS). As of Fall 2019, for couples counseling, BOTH partners must be currently registered students.

Students are also eligible for services during semesters when they are not currently registered if they plan to register the following semester. These students must pay the student health fee to be eligible for services.

We do not serve faculty or staff at our counseling center.  If you are a staff or faculty member and need personal/psychological counseling, please contact Human Resources for more information about the Employee Assistance Program (EAP).