- Student Health & Counseling Services
- Hours of Operation
- PATIENT RIGHTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Immunization Requirements and Recommendations
- Quick Links
- About SHCS
- List of Services
- Hayward Clinic
- Concord Clinic
- Counseling Options
- Meet the Counseling Staff
- Wellness Resources
- Other Related Information
- Mental Health Screening
- hipaa Privacy Practices
- Other Related Information
- Student Health and Counseling Services
Immunization Requirements and Recommendations
All new students beginning Fall 2023 must comply with California State University systemwide Immunization Requirements and Recommendations to ensure students are educated about and receive immunizations to prevent potentially serious and contagious diseases.
New students who are 18 years or younger as of the first day of the semester must upload proof of Hepatitis B vaccination here once you have accepted the offer of admission (SIR) and received the email invitation to your horizon email account from COMPLIO.
Deadlines to submit proof of immunizations:
Fall entering students: October 1
Spring entering students: March 1
|Hepatitis B (Hep B) – Ages 18 and younger as per California law (HSC sections 120390-120390-7), enrollees who are 18 years of age or younger are required to provide proof of full immunization (vaccination records) or immunity (blood titer) against the hepatitis B virus prior to enrollment.|
Recommended Vaccines to Reduce Outbreaks
Other Vaccines Recommended for Adults
Immunization Frequently Asked Questions
Submit your immunization records here. Once documents are verified, the hold will be lifted within 48 hours.
Students requiring an exemption will have to wait 3-4 business days for the hold to be lifted.
Your COMPLIO Portal contains all your personal immunization submissions.
Once all records are submitted and verified, your To-Do list item in MyCSUEB titled “Immunizations” will be removed. If the item is still there after 2-3 days, return to COMPLIO Portal to check for errors.
Students requesting a medical exemption will need to wait 5-7 business days to see the To-Do list item titled “Immunizations” removed.
- Print the Medical Exemption form and take it to your medical provider. Please note: this is the only form that will be accepted for medical exemptions.
- Your provider completing the form must be US board certified, Medical Doctor (MD, DO), Physician Assistant (PA), or Nurse Practitioner (NP).
- Upload form and complete the exemption process on your COMPLIO Portal
Students requesting a medical exception will need to wait 3-5 business days for the review process to take place. If approved, the To-Do list item titled “Immunizations” will be removed.
If denied, an email will be sent to your horizon email account explaining the details of the denial and your options for compliance. Final decisions regarding medical exemptions will be approved/denied by our Director of Student Health, if needed.
The University suggests that students start gathering immunization records early. Your access to upload the documents will be permitted shortly after you have accepted your admission to the University. You will receive an email to your horizon email account or an “Immunization” task on your to do list. Deadlines to complete this task without enrollment interruptions are below.
Deadline Fall 2023– October 1, 2023
Deadline Spring 2024 March 1, 2024
The following sources might have copies of your immunization records:
- Your parents
- Your doctor’s office, pediatrician or medical provider
- Your elementary, middle or high school
- Previous colleges or universities
- Military records
After accepting your offer of admission, you will receive an email to your horizon email account within 5-7 business days.
Select "Create an account", and register your COMPLIO Portal.
Select get started
- Step 1: Under “Select Program” choose “Student Health”. Click “Load Packages”
- Step 2: Select “CSUEast Bay Tracking Package”. Select “Next”
- Step 3: Verify the information in your profile and select “Next”
- Step 4: You will need to read and sign two disclosure forms
- Step 5: “Create order”, verify the information and select “Next” and then confirm by selecting “OK” on the Confirmation pop up page
- Step 6: Page “Purchase Detail” under purchase type select “Invoice to Institution” and select “Next”
Start the immunization verification process
1.) Log in to your COMPLIO account.
2.) Review your school's requirements and any documentation you may need by clicking on the "Requirement Explanation" button at the top of your dashboard.
3.) Click on "Enter Requirements" next to a requirement to submit your compliance information and documentation for review. Continue submitting information to each compliance requirement until you have entered your information for each one.
Helpful videos that walk you through each of these steps are available to you on your account. To view these videos, click "Video Tutorials" on the top right of your screen.
If you are unable to obtain evidence of vaccination, please contact your doctor for an antibody titer test or vaccination. For Tuberculosis screening, please provide the results of an IGRA or PPD screening. Upload the results on the COMPLIO portal.
What is titer: A titer is a laboratory test that measures the presence and amount of antibodies in blood. A titer may be used to prove immunity to disease.
What vaccines can you get titers for:
- Hepatitis B
- Measles, mumps, and Rubella
What is IGRA: Interferon-Gamma Release Assays (IGRAs) are whole-blood tests that can aid in diagnosing Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection.
What is PPD: Purified protein derivative (PPD) is a method used to diagnose silent (latent) Mycobacterium tuberculosis (TB) infection.
Yes. All incoming students need to comply with this requirement
It is required that you submit your records in English
If you have any additional questions or need further assistance, COMPLIO support team is there for you! You can call them at 1-800-200-0853 or Chat with a Live representative.
Please note, their live representatives are only available during their business hours (Hours: M-F 7am - 6pm MT; Sat. 8am - 5pm MT). You can also email them any time at firstname.lastname@example.org