- University Housing & Residence Life
- COVID-19 Housing Info
- Prospective Residents
- Current Residents
- Priority Application Process
- Campus Connector
- Connecting with Roommates
- Emergency Preparedness
- GradGuard Renters Insurance
- Housing Facilities
- Housing Technology
- Mailroom Information
- Maintenance Requests
- Now You've Been Documented
- Residence Hall Association
- Rights & Responsibilities
- XFINITY On Campus
- Staff Selection
- Forms, Policies & Processes
- Important Dates
- Dining Services
- Conference Services
- Commercial Services
The Housing Office is able to assist the resident with the services listed below:
- BayCard replacement for residents
- The meal plan is not working
- Lockout assistance
Bay Card Information
The Cal State East Bay, Bay Card is used both on Campus and in Housing for a variety of different services. Residents of Pioneer Heights must have a special Housing Bay Card to access their suite/apartment, laundry room, and community rooms.
For more information about the Bay Card, please visit the Bay Card website.
Commonly Asked Questions
- What is my Bay Card used for in Student Housing
- Your meal plan will be linked to your Bay Card to allow you to swipe at the Dining Commons
- Access to the laundry rooms, your apartment and/or building
- What happens if I lose or damage my Bay Card?
- You will need to go to the Housing Office for a replacement BayCard.
- How much does a Bay Card replacement cost?
|1st Replacement||2nd Replacement||3rd Replacement||4th Replacement|
Lock Out Information
If you find yourself locked out of your apartment, the staff at the Housing Office are able to assist you with getting back into your apartment.
Lock Out Process
Residents will be given a rental key so they can access their apartments to retrieve their keys. Once they retrieved their key, rental key(s) must be returned within an hour or additional charges will occur.
Below are the lockout fees.
If you are locked out between the hours 5 pm to 8 am Monday – Friday and/or Saturday & Sunday, 8 am - 8 am (next day), please call the RA on Duty.
|Buildings||Duty Phone Numbers|
Calaveras and Coloma
Sierra and Sonora
Shasta and Diablo