- University Housing & Residence Life
- COVID-19 Housing Info
- Prospective Residents
- Current Residents
- Priority Application Process
- Campus Connector
- Connecting with Roommates
- Emergency Preparedness
- GradGuard Renters Insurance
- Housing Facilities
- Housing Technology
- Mailroom Information
- Maintenance Requests
- Now You've Been Documented
- Residence Hall Association
- Rights & Responsibilities
- XFINITY On Campus
- Staff Selection
- Forms, Policies & Processes
- Important Dates
- Dining Services
- Conference Services
- Commercial Services
Residential Computing Network Information (ResNet)
Calaveras, Coloma, Sierra, Sonora, Tamalpais, Shasta, Diablo, Sequoia, & Juniper Internet Information
As part of a Campus-Wide program, Pioneer Heights is going port less. Ethernet ports that are inside the apartment are no longer active and cannot be used to access the internet, read the following article "CSUEB leaves internet ports behind" for more information. The Internet can only be accessed via wireless in Student Housing Apartments. Campus IT has made significant improvements to the Pioneer Heights wireless network and all connections will be wireless. If you plan to bring a Desktop to campus, it is suggested that you purchase a USB Wireless Network Adapter to receive Internet service.
Basic Instructions for "eduroam" network
- Connect to CSUEB-Guest and create an account to get internet access.
- Go to https://joinnow.csueastbay.edu
- Follow the instruction for the device type to log in.
If you have any issues you can click the following for the Eduroam Help Guide.
If you are a Guest and do not have a current University affiliation, you can access the wireless via the CSUEB-Guest network, which is intended for guest access to a short-term account created using a self-registration portal.
Alternatively, if you are not able to connect to the "eduroam" network you can connect to the "CSUEB" network.
Here are some directions on how to connect various devices to the "CSUEB" network:
- Windows (Click Here for Instructions)
- MacBook (Click Here for Instructions)
- Chromebook (Click Here for Instructions)
- Note: In the "Identity and Password" field input NetID and Password not "Ulink ID and Ulink Password"
- Android Phone (Click Here for Instructions)
Acceptable Computing Use Policy
If you are still having trouble connecting to the campus internet you can head over to the Core Library Helpdesk which is open:
- Monday - Thursday: 8 AM - 10 PM
- Friday: 8 AM - 5 PM
- Saturday: 10 AM - 5 PM
- Sunday: 12 PM - 7 PM
Getting Your Gaming Consoles and Multimedia Equipment Connected
CSU East Bay is now providing a mechanism to connect some gaming consoles and Internet TV devices to the wireless network in the residence halls through a self-service registration process. Each resident can have up to three entertainment devices connected to "TheHts" network at a time. Device registrations are automatically deleted between Summer and Fall of each year. This service is offered as a convenience to residential students; the Information Technology Services (ITS) Service Desk does not provide support for gaming consoles and Internet TV devices.
For Roku SmartTV, do the following after registering your device:
From the Roku Home screen, select Settings > Network > Set up new wireless connection > TheHts > "I am at home"
WARNING – DO NOT SELECT "I am at a hotel or college dorm"
Report an Housing Technology Issue
If you still have trouble with the following:
- Connecting your SmartTV or Entertainment Device
- Poor Wireless Internet Connection
- Housing Technology Related Issues
Please click the button below to report the issue