- University Housing & Residence Life
- COVID-19 Housing Info
- Spring Move Out Info
- Prospective Residents
- Current Residents
- Summer Application Process
- Staff Selection
- Forms, Policies & Processes
- Important Dates
- Dining Services
- Conference Services
- Commercial Services
Applying for On-Campus Housing
We believe that on-campus housing provides the support, academic environment, and location necessary for students to be successful at California State University, East Bay. In addition, our staff members and student leaders are committed to working with you to create an experience that can enhance this journey in your life.
Become part of our student Housing Community! Once the Student Housing Portal opens and you have been admitted to CSUEB and paid the enrollment fee, you may apply to live on-campus. For your convenience, this process is completely online.
Steps to take before you start the application and contract process:
- Have your Net ID and password
- Understand your meal plan options
- Understand your occupancy options
- Understand and learn the important dates
- Be sure you are able to make the required payments* to complete your application and contract
- $ 40.00 application fee**
- $ 500.00 initial payment
*Electronic check – no service fee and if using a Credit Card – 2.75% service fee
**The application fee is non-refundable.
Applicants under 18 years of age will need parent or guardian approval prior to submitting a contract. Your parent or guardian will receive an email with a link to our database to submit approval. Once approved and submitted, the applicant can log back into the Student Housing Portal to submit and complete the contract.
Any of our staff will be more than happy to assist you during business hours.