- University Housing & Residence Life
- COVID-19 Housing Info
- Prospective Residents
- Current Residents
- Staff Selection
- Forms, Policies & Processes
- Important Dates
- Dining Services
- Conference Services
- Commercial Services
Identifying Off-Campus Housing in the East Bay can be challenging and we want to ensure that you have a few resources to help you through the process. Please give yourself ample time—about two to three months to search for Off-Campus Housing. This guide will assist you in your transition off campus and help you understand your rights and responsibilities in the greater community. Browse this great resource to start your search and learn about other off-campus housing information! Remember, you have to be motivated and actively looking when finding Off-Campus Housing.
Steps when renting off-campus:
- Identify if you are looking for a short-term rental or long term as pricing can be very different. If looking for shorter-term housing you may need to adjust either your price point or the amenities offered.
- Read and understand the contract/lease that you are signing.
- If choosing to live with someone else ensure that expectations and agreements are made prior to moving in. Use the link below to help in formulating roommate questions when choosing a roommate.
- Check the local crime statistics around your ideal rental.
- It is your home and you should feel comfortable.
Looking for an off-campus apartment?
CSUEB Off-Campus Housing Marketplace: A website that provides the ability for you to create a profile and look for available listings.
B Street Apartments: In the heart of downtown Hayward, newly renovated apartments bring history and modern amenities to life. Now leasing studio and 1-bedroom apartments.
Cadence Apartments: Hayward’s newest apartment homes conveniently located close to BART with an easy commute to campus.
Looking for short-term Housing?
Extended Stay (Union City, CA) Distance to campus: Public Transportation – 1
Home ToGo: HomeToGo compares the best accommodations in the area, with no booking commissions.
Homewood Suites (Newark, CA) – Distance to campus: Public Transportation – 1
Residence Inn and Suite (Pleasanton, CA) – Distance to campus: Public Transportation – 1
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, EAST BAY PROVIDES INFORMATION REGARDING HOUSING IN THE EAST BAY AREA FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE ONLY. THE UNIVERSITY MAKES NO REPRESENTATION AS TO THE CONDITION OR SUITABILITY OF ANY OF THE LISTED RESOURCES OR ESTABLISHMENTS, NOR DOES IT ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR CONDITION OR RELIABILITY, OR FOR ANY AGREEMENTS YOU ENTER INTO WITH THEM. THIS WEBSITE IS NOT INTENDED TO PROVIDE LEGAL ADVICE, AND IT SHOULD NOT BE USED AS SUCH.
If you have specific questions about off-campus housing please contact firstname.lastname@example.org