- University Communications and Marketing
- Editorial Style Guide
- Design and Publication Request Form
- Posting Guidelines
- East Bay Today
- Faculty Experts
- Media Kit
- Brand Identity Guide
- Cal State East Bay Magazine
- Social Media Directory
- Social Media Guidelines
- Campus Photo Gallery
- University Communiqués
Outdoor Digital Signs
- All content must be in compliance with university brand identity standards.
- Only submittals announcing and promoting university events, activities and programs will be approved for posting, and all advertised events must be open to the public.
- Outdoor digital sign timeslots are first come, first served. Users should submit their material one week prior to desired running dates.
- Operational messages have priority over promotional content.
- Only one sign per event/activity/program should run at a time to give all messages equal airtime.
- All content must be duplicated in its entirety (and fully accessible by the public) on the university website. The corresponding website must contain the following statement concerning accessibility: “Individuals that require accommodations for this event please contact Accessibility Services by [10 business days prior to event date]. email: email@example.com | phone: 510-885-3868.”
- All content must be in compliance with these guidelines to be approved for posting by University Communications and Marketing. Unapproved content requiring modifications will need to be resubmitted.
- Video/motion content and static images are allowed on the ASI sign. Only static content is permissible on the three roadway signs.
- Use the following dimensions for the roadway signs: 288 pixels high x 480 pixels wide. For the ASI location use 192 pixels high x 288 pixels wide.
- Video content (ASI sign) should be exported as an uncompressed AVI or MP4 file at the highest quality, with a framerate of 24, 30 or 60 frames per second (fps). Set the aspect ratio set to square pixels.
- Video must be exactly 10 seconds long.
- Static content at all locations should be exported as high-quality JPEG files, at 72 pixels per inch (ppi).
- Fonts used in content designated for the roadway signs must be sans serif, at least 24 points and have a contrast ratio between 8:1 and 12:1 (with the background).
- If you're submitting content for both the road signs and ASI sign, please note that the form only accepts one attachment at a time. You will need to fill out the form TWICE; once for the road signs and once for the ASI sign.
- In order to post on the outdoor digital signs, fill out the online form located at the top of this page.
- Users must adhere to the content and technical requirements listed above. Templates that meet the technical requirements are available for download.
- If the content is rejected, users must submit a new form when resubmitting a revised version of their content.
- Still have questions? Contact Stephanie Hammon or University Communications.