Top NavTop NavTop Nav
Soccer Player

Summer Aid

Summer Aid

Summer financial aid is available to eligible Cal State East Bay students enrolled in Summer Session. 

To be considered for financial aid, you must meet the basic eligibility requirements: 

  1. Submit a 2018-2019 FAFSA or California Dream Application
  2. Enroll in a minimum of 6 units (very limited aid options are available for student's enrolled in fewer credits)
  3. Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards
    1. Not have submitted a graduation application for Spring 2018 or already have completed all degree/major requirements prior to the Summer Session

Applying for Aid

There is no separate application needed to apply for summer financial aid. 

Summer awarding will begin in early May. If you are an eligible for financial aid your summer financial aid will be available for you to view on your MYCSUEB portal. You can view and accept/decline your summer awards in MYCSUEB once awarding begins.  

Summer Aid Disbursements

*Will be announced closer to the start of Summer  Session

Types of Aid Available for Summer Session

Federal Pell Grants are available to students during the summer. Award amounts are based on the Expected Family Contribution from your 2018-19 FAFSA, the number of units in which you enroll, and the amount of Federal Pell Grant funds you have already received in the 2018-2019 academic year (including funds recieved at other institutions).  

If you did not accept the maximum amount of Federal Direct Loans in the 2018-19 academic year and you are enrolled in at least 6 units for summer, you may be offered Federal Direct Loans for summer. Federal Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loan amounts are based on whatever remaining eligibility you have leftover from the academic year. If eligible, they will be included in your summer award package. 

Federal Direct PLUS Loan 

If your parents had a PLUS loan during the academic year, and want to borrow a PLUS loan during the summer, a new application is required. A new application can be completed online at

For Graduate students, you can request a Graduate PLUS loan as part of your summer financial aid awards, if eligible. A new application can be completed online at

© California State University, East Bay. All Rights Reserved.