- Financial Aid
- Financial Aid & The Fee Payment Deadline
- Grad Students
- Información en Español
- Future Students
- Current Students
- For Parents
- Types of Aid
- Financial Aid Appeal
- Study Abroad
- Financial Literacy
- Financial Aid How To's
- Constitution Day
- Paying tuition and fees
- Student Consumer Information
- Campus Resources
- Contact Us
- 2023 Student Fund Reporting Form
Complete Your Checklist
Financial Aid is faster, easier, and mobile at Cal State East Bay!
Cal State East Bay students are able to complete their financial aid checklist online—using any mobile device! We're proud to say that now all of our students will be able to:
- Complete financial aid forms on their phone, tablet, or computer
- Securely upload documents from any device
- E-Sign documents—both students and parents!
- Manage financial aid tasks online
- Receive automated reminders about outstanding tasks and next steps
Create Your Account
This is a one-time account creation. You’ll be asked for Personally Identifiable Information (PII) to create your account. This step will enable you to e-sign any requested documents. This information will also be used to authenticate you against the current Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Dream Application information on file for you.
Five Easy Steps:
- Log into your MYCSUEB Portal
- Click a task on your Checklist and you will be redirected to our online tool
- Click "Create Account" link
- Confirm your student information
- Click "Create Account" button
Once your account is created, any required tasks needed to complete your FAFSA or Dream Application will become available.
Error Code 1010
Error Code 1010 indicates that the student is entering information into the confirm information section (First Name, Last Name, DOB, and SSN) that does not match what is on the FAFSA or Dream Application. Students who have not completed a 2018-2019 FAFSA or Dream Application will also receive this message.
Common data entry errors include:
- Not including suffixes in the last name that were included on the FAFSA. i.e. Evans Jr.
- Using a nickname or shorter version of full name, when full name was used on the FAFSA, i.e. Rich instead of Richard.
- Extra spaces were entered between names on the FAFSA but not during account creation, i.e. McFadden was entered Mc Fadden on the FAFSA.
- Special characters entered in name on FAFSA, and not entered when creating an account, i.e. La'Juan.
Error Code 1005
The student is unable to create an account in StudentForms if there was a social security administration mismatch on their name, date of birth or SSN when they submitted their FAFSA application.
Parent Error Code
The parent of a dependent student is unable to create an account until the student sends the e-signature request to the parent. Additionally, if the student cancels the e-signature request the parent is not able to create an account. Only the parent that the e-signature request was sent to can create an account. They must use the information as reported on the FAFSA for the parent the request was sent to. For example, if student sends request to parent 1, then the parent must use the information for parent 1 as it is reported on the FAFSA. The parent should also make sure that they are entering the student's information correctly as it appears on the FAFSA.
For additional help, please contact the Financial Aid Office at (510) 885-2784.
What is Verification?
Verification is the confirmation through documentation that the information provided on a student's Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is correct. The federal government requires colleges and universities to verify or confirm the data reported by the students and their parent(s) on the FAFSA. The verification process ensures that eligible students receive all the financial aid to which they are entitled to receive. Students are randomly chosen for verification and are required to submit requested documents before financial aid can be awarded.
Types of documentation that may be requested:
- Copies of 2016 tax transcripts
- Information about your household size
- Other types of earnings from the 2016 tax year
What happens once I submit my documents?
Once you complete your Checklist Items our office will review your information and let you know if additional information is needed. If additional checklist items are needed, you will be sent an email to your Horizon email and a text message (if you subscribe) alerting you to the additional information requested. After the verification process is complete, you will receive an email.
What if I don't want to complete the verification process?
The verification process ia a federal regulation and must be completed in order for a student to receive federal aid, as well as any state and institutional aid. If you do not wish to complete the verification process, and therefore not receive financial aid, please notify the Financial Aid Office via email so we can update your status. If you are selected for verification after receiving part of your financial aid award and are still enrolled, you must complete verification or you will become ineligible for the funds you received.
How can I submit my documents?
Option 1: MYCSUEB Checklist [Recommended]
Option 2: Fax (510) 885-2784
Option 3: Mail/In-person
California State University, East Bay
25800 Carlos Bee Boulevard
Hayward, CA 94542
Please make sure your first and last name, and student ID number is written on each page submitted. We do not accept documents through email.