Accessibility Housing

University Housing is committed to meeting the needs of Licensees to the best of its ability. Some University Housing facilities are accessible to Licensees in wheelchairs (including bathrooms), and specially-adapted rooms are available for Licensees who are hearing and/or visually impaired. Licensees required specific ADA compliance accommodations must be registered with Accessibility Services.

Additional considerations include:

  • Mobility, vision, or hearing impairments (where physical accommodation or building adaptation may be required), or mental health concerns.
  • Medical concerns.
  • Accessibility needs that may require a live-in attendant.

Additional considerations should be noted in the University Housing Living Preferences page during the online contract process.

NOTE: If you identify yourself as someone who requires assistance for safe exiting from a residence during an emergency, Residence Life Staff will meet with Licensees on an individual basis. For more information, please contact the University Housing Office at (510) 885-7444.

For information, on Cal State East Bay Accessibility Services, click here.