- Human Resources
- About Us
- CSU Disability
- Employee Separation Clearance Process
- New Employees
- Employee Health Plans
- Voluntary Retirement and Savings Plans
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Programs
- Miscellaneous Benefit Programs
- Leave Programs
- Flexible Spending
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Benefits Summary
- CSU Total Compensation Calculator
- Classification & Compensation
- Employment Opportunities
- HR Forms & Procedures
- Labor & Employee Relations
- CSUEB Policies
- HR Staff Directory
- HR Manager Assignments
- Training & Development
- PeopleSoft Business Process Guides
- Workers' Compensation
- Early Exit Program
Organ Donor Leave
The Organ Donor Leave (ODL) Program, in accordance with Assembly Bill (AB) 1825, allows CSU employees, who have exhausted all available sick leave, the following leaves of absence with pay:
- A paid leave of absence of up to 30 continuous calendar days in any one-year period to any employee who is donating his or her organ to another person.
- A paid leave of absence of up to five continuous calendar days in any one-year period to any employee who is donating his or her bone marrow to another person.
The one-year period is a "rolling" year commencing on the first day of ODL.
In order for such leave to be designated as ODL, the employee must provide written verification to the Office of Human Resources specifying that the employee is an organ or bone marrow donor, and that the donation is medically necessary. Such leave will apply only to those employees who are viable donors, and cannot be used to cover absences for preliminary tests conducted on a "potential" donor.
If an employee is unable to return to work beyond the time or period that ODL was granted, the employee can apply existing vacation credits and/or compensatory time off to the absence, as deemed appropriate. If the employee has exhausted all available leave credits and is unable to return to work following the ODL, the employee may be eligible for Non-Industrial Disability Insurance (NDI).
ODL runs currently with the CSU Family Medical Leave Policy, and employees continue to receive benefits (if enrolled) while participating in ODL. Employees who subsequently exhaust all other available leave credits after ODL, may elect to continue benefits via direct payment.
For more information on the ODL, please refer to the appropriate Memorandum of Understanding (MOU).