- Human Resources
- About Us
- CSU Disability
- Employee Separation Clearance Process
- New Employees
- Employee Health Plans
- Voluntary Retirement and Savings Plans
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Programs
- Miscellaneous Benefit Programs
- Leave Programs
- Flexible Spending
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Benefits Summary
- CSU Total Compensation Calculator
- Classification & Compensation
- Employment Opportunities
- HR Forms & Procedures
- Labor & Employee Relations
- CSUEB Policies
- HR Staff Directory
- HR Manager Assignments
- Training & Development
- PeopleSoft Business Process Guides
- Workers' Compensation
- Early Exit Program
Employees of the State of California and contracting public agencies whose appointment is at least six months and one day (tenure) and at least half-time (time base) may sign up for the CalPERS Health Benefit Program. In addition, lecturers with a time base of .40 or greater who are appointed for an academic year or two quarter appointment are eligible.
Please download the Lecturer Benefit Eligibility Criteria for additional information.
- Unmarried, natural, stepchildren, or adopted children under the age of 26
- Domestic partners (contact Human Resources for more information)
- Economically dependent children
New employees have 60 days from the date of hire to enroll. If you do not enroll within the 60-day period or wish to change dental plans, you may do so during the annual open enrollment period.
If the enrollment form is submitted prior to the 5th of the month and within the 60-day limit, coverage will become effective the first of the following month. You are not considered enrolled until it is reflected on your paycheck stub. If you are currently enrolled and are required to make a change to your enrollment, contact Human Resources for information on qualifying events.
If you do not enroll by the 60th calendar day of eligibility or you wish to change dental plans, you may do so during the annual open enrollment period.
If you become ineligible because of a change in employee status or timebase, or your dependent (s) becomes ineligible, coverage may be continued under the provisions of COBRA. Please contact Human Resources for completion of documents and details.
If you go on a leave of absence without pay or are otherwise in an approved non-pay status, you may elect to pay the full premium for your coverage. Please contact Human Resources for details.
Delta Dental (PPO)
Dental premiums are fully paid by the CSU.
- Dental Plan Enhancements - As a reminder, the following enhancements were offered effective January 1, 2019, to employees and their dependents enrolled in the PPO Plans (excludes Premier network and out of network providers):
- Diagnostic and Preventative Maximum Waiver: Diagnostic and preventative services (i.e. cleanings and exams) no longer count toward the benefit annual maximum.
- SmileWay Wellness Benefit: Enhanced coverage has been added for enrollees with gum disease associated with a number of diagnosed systemic conditions (diabetes, heart disease, HIV/AIDS, rheumatoid arthritis or stroke). This enhanced coverage includes 100% coverage for one periodontal scaling and root planning and 100% coverage for four (any combination of) cleanings or periodontal maintenance. Employees must self identify on Delta Dental's site to enroll by going to deltadentalins.com/csu. Employees may also sign up by phone at (888) 335-8227 to speak to a Customer Service representative Monday through Friday; 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. PST.
- As a Delta Dental member, you have access to preferred pricing on hearing aids and LASIK vision services through Amplifon or QualSight. To get the discounts, simply contact Amplifon or QualSight.
. For more information, please refer to your Dental evidence of coverage and benefit plan summary:
Delta Care USA (HMO)
Delta Care USA is a prepaid plan. Many of the services are covered at no cost to the employee while some services require a co-payment.
Your collective bargaining unit determines your level of dental coverage as follows:
- View either the Basic or Enhanced Evidence of Coverage of coverage for information on covered benefits.
When enrolling in Delta Care USA you must choose a provider from their list. You can view the Directory of Dentists at Delta Care. Similar to a HMO, you will receive a membership card and evidence of coverage that describes the covered benefits. The membership card will have the telephone number and address of your dentist. If you wish to change your dentist, you can do so by contacting Delta Care USA at (800) 422-4234.
If you have questions about completing the worksheet or wish to obtain additional information, contact Human Resources at 510-885-3634.