Citizenship/Residency Mismatch

When you submitted your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), your application was sent to the Social Security Administration to verify your citizenship status.  The Social Security Administration did not confirm that you are a U.S. citizen.

Therefore, before we can consider you for federal student aid, you must provide us with documentation that confirms your U.S. citizenship status. This may include, but is not limited to:

  • your birth certificate, showing you were born in the U.S.
  • your valid U.S. passport (current or expired)
  • your Certificate of Citizenship (N-560 or N-561)
  • your Certificate of Naturalization (N-550 or N-570)

If you are an eligible non-citizen, you must provide:

  • your Arrival-Departure record (Form I-94 or CBP I-94)
  • your U.S. Travel Document (Form I-327 or I-571)
  • your Machine Readable Immigrant Visa (MRIV)
  • your Alien Registration Card (Form I-151)
  • your Resident Alien Card (Form I-551)