SSN, Name, or Birthdate Mismatch

According to the Social Security Administration records, your date of birth on your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) does not correspond with the social security number you reported on your FAFSA.

If either your name or social security number reported on your FAFSA is incorrect: 

  • Submit a copy of your signed social security card an an official document showing your correct name and date of birth. Official document types include, but are not limited to: a driver's license, state identification card, a passport, or birth certificate. 

If your name has changed, please provide documentation of the official name change (e.g. court documents). We also strongly recommend that you contact the Registrar’s Office to make any name changes in the University database system so that the information on all official records are consistent with your FAFSA.

We cannot award any federal student aid until this matter is resolved.