Top NavTop NavTop Nav


Student Health and Counseling Services, the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) and California Public Health Department recommend that students stay up-to-date on their vaccinations, and that students living in dormitories are immunized with the meningitis (meningococcal) vaccine.

SHCS recommends that you are completely up-to-date with all your recommended vaccinations prior to arriving on campus.

Getting Immunizations

Please contact your primary healthcare provider or County Immunization Clinic to make the appropriate arrangements.

Immunization clinics will also be available to incoming students during Orientation at Student Health and Counseling Services, but the cost may be more expensive than getting them through insurance.

For those who use immunization clinics on campus, please note:

  • Incoming students under the age of 18 will be required to present parental consent at the time of immunization. Please fill out Minor Consent Form here and bring to your visit.
  • Incoming students will be required to present a picture ID at the time of service. Acceptable forms of ID include a Cal State East Bay BayCard, state driver's license, state identification card, high school ID card, or passport.

County Immunization Clinics

Vaccination and Immunization Resources

Required Immunizations (2020)

  • Measles and Rubella
  • Hepatitis B
  • Meningococcal (recommended)  

Student Health & Counseling Services does not generate registration holds and does not remove registration holds. If you have any registration hold questions, contact the Registrar's Office at (510) 885-2784.

Required Immunizations Waiver/Exemptions Form

Medical Waivers: 

Current Students

If you have a medical reason for not getting a required immunization (MMR or Hepatitis B) and you are a currently enrolled CSUEB student, Student Health & Counseling Services can assist you in completing a waiver/exemption form. Please make an appointment with an SHCS provider.

Incoming Students

If you have a medical reason for not getting a required immunization (MMR or Hepatitis B) and you are an incoming student please have you healthcare provider or County Immunization Clinic completed the Immunization Waiver/Exemption form.

Turn in your completed Immunization Waiver/Exemption Form to Student Health & Counseling Services.

Vaccination and Immunization Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)

Common questions asked by incoming students:

What are the required immunizations I need before I register for classes?

  • Measles and Rubella
  • Hepatitis B
  • Meningococcal (recommended)

Prospective Cal state East Bay students need to send their "Proof of Immunization" form to Student Health & Counseling Services prior to your first enrollment. Not turning in your form may result in a registration hold and not being able to register for classes.

Where do I send my "Proof of Immunization" form?

You send your "Proof of Immunization" form to the CSUEB Student Health & Counseling Services. 

Mailing Address:     

Student Health & Counseling Services
California State University, East Bay
25800 Carlos Bee Boulevard
Hayward, CA 94542   

When is the Vaccination and Immunization Clinic?

  • Incoming Students: There will be an Immunization Clinic available at Student Health & Counseling Services during lunch each Friday of New Student Orientations. 
  • Currently enrolled students can schedule an appointment by calling Student Health & Counseling Services at (510) 885-3735 

How many Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) vaccines are required?

2 doses of the MMR vaccines or equivalent are required. 

Can I get my Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) vaccines at Student Health & Counseling Services?

Yes. You can get your vaccines at Student Health & Counseling Services. If you are getting two MMR vaccinations they should be at least 4 weeks apart.

Vaccines are often cheaper via your personal healthcare provider or County Immunization Clinic 

© California State University, East Bay. All Rights Reserved.