- Student Health & Counseling Services
- Hours of Operation
- PATIENT RIGHTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Immunization Requirements and Recommendations
- Quick Links
- About SHCS
- List of Services
- Hayward Clinic
- Concord Clinic
- Counseling Options
- Meet the Counseling Staff
- Wellness Resources
- Other Related Information
- hipaa Privacy Practices
- Other Related Information
- Student Health and Counseling Services
Information for Faculty & Staff
Supporting student wellness takes not just one department, but our entire community. In each of their roles on campus, staff, faculty, and student leaders have opportunities to express care for students, connect them with support, and create a culture of resilience. Please see our Wellness Ambassador page for more information on ways faculty and staff can become Wellness Ambassadors at Cal State East Bay.
Making Resources Visible
One great way to encourage students to access support resources is by making them visible in your email signature, syllabus, or on Canvas or Blackboard. Examples of language and links that you might use is:
- For links to student support resources, check out East Bay CARES.
- Counseling Services are available for any currently registered student - check out Student Health and Counseling for details, or schedule an appointment here.
- Student Wellbeing Services offers assistance with food and housing resources, as well as emergency financial resources. More information is here.
- Cal State East Bay's Confidential Campus Advocate provides support for students, staff, and faculty who have experienced sexual assault, sexual harassment, stalking, and domestic violence. The Advocate is a confidential resource who can talk through reporting options for these incidents, and support you even if you decide not to report. You can contact the Advocate at (510) 885-3700, and by email: email@example.com More information is here.
One of the best ways that Counseling Services can reach students is through our faculty & staff colleagues on campus. We regularly visit classes to let students know about counseling services, or to present on mental health topics.
We have created a menu of outreach presentation videos to facilitate getting this information out to you and your students. Please see Counseling Presentation Videos for resources that you can show to your class or student group.
We can also design specific presentations depending on your needs. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 510-885-3735 for more information, or to schedule.
We also regularly consult with the campus community about mental health concerns for students. Please do not hesitate to contact us at 510-885-3735, or email email@example.com to consult. Although we cannot disclose confidential information, we can receive information and guide you through steps for supporting the student, and also connecting them with additional resources. After hours, you can also consult with our crisis support line by dialing 510-885-3735, Option 2. You may also choose to submit a CARE report to alert our multidisciplinary campus team to your concern.
Our campus has also created guides for faculty and staff to deescalate difficult situations in the classroom and on campus. The Classroom Issues and Guidance for Faculty is on the Academic Senate website, and the Student Issues and Guidance for Staff is here.