- APS Landing Page
- Academic Programs
- Curriculum Development
- General Education
- General Studies
- Graduate Studies
- Undergraduate Degree Roadmap
- University Catalog
- Academic Services
- Academic Advising and Coaching
- Academic Policies and Procedures
- Articulation & Transfer
- Community College Partnerships
- Early Start: 5 TO BUILD
- Pioneer Chat
- Pioneer Pathways
- Progress Toward Degree Guidelines
- Step-by-Step Guide to Schedule Planner
- Testing Office
- The Bay Advisor
East Bay College Agile Network (EBCAN)
- "EBCAN helps to pave the way from community college to Cal State East Bay and beyond" - President Cathy Sandeen
The East Bay College Agile Network (EBCAN) is a partnership between California State University, East Bay and Chabot Las Positas Community College District (CLPCCD). Our partnership will deepen through this effort to increase student-focused equity pathways and an innovative model that increases certificate and degree attainment for students across all three campuses.
The EBCAN initiative kicked off in Spring 2020 with a funded planning grant, phase one of our work together. Further phases will include incorporating the research and findings from phase one to define an innovative model and implementation in order to ensure an increase in educational continuity for students from our three campuses and integrated systems which reduce organizational barriers to college completion.
The goal of the East Bay College Agile Network (EBCAN) is to create a sustained, equity-centered partnership between California State University, East Bay (CSUEB), Chabot-Las Positas Community College District (CLPCCD), Chabot College (Chabot), and Las Positas College (LPC) focused on improving transfer agility between institutions, enhancing students’ sense of belonging, and increasing the number of students who complete their degrees. EBCAN has worked diligently to team across these four distinct post-secondary education entities over the past three years to implement the following key components:
- Develop an agile network between four institutions that is scalable and equity-centered, improves student support and success across all demographics, leverages learning, closes equity gaps on each campus, and fosters an expandable regional partnership.
- Further articulate integrated pathways among the three campuses to reduce barriers and support students’ goal orientation and focus, thereby increasing the number and diversity of students reaching their higher education goals.
- Hone student supports by coordinating workflows to ensure transfer processes are seamless and student experiences are positive and inclusive on each campus.
- Design, improve, and use new technology tools to get transfer information into the hands of students, faculty, and advisors.
Academic Year 2022-23 Priorities
For Academic Year (AY) 2022-23, EBCAN stakeholders prioritized many concrete ways that the student experience and college transfer processes could be improved by its work, including the following:
- Increase coordination and sharing between college and university counseling and advising to improve information flow, events, and transfer processes.
- Increase student academic confidence and sense of belonging and inclusion.
- Provide more timely and accurate information about students’ transcripts and “what counts” toward transfer.
- Understand more about how students learn about financial aid for four-year college to inform future EBCAN work.
- Create clearer navigation along pathways and programs of study. Engage faculty to connect across the community college–CSUEB divide to further streamline pathways beyond the Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) system alone.
East Bay College Agile Network to Receive Federal Funds to Increase Equity, Improve Transfer Experience
The East Bay College Agile Network (EBCAN) is set to receive $1 million from U.S. Representative Eric Swalwell (CA-14) as part of the Fiscal Year 2023 Omnibus Appropriations Bill. Read More
East Bay CAN Partnership Formalized
East Bay CAN Partnership Formalized Between Cal State East Bay and the Chabot-Las Positas Community College District Read More
Introducing the East Bay College Agile Network
The collaboration between CSUEB and the Chabot-Las Positas Community College District seeks to leverage and strengthen existing relationships and initiatives across the two systems to remove barriers to student success. Read More