- Human Resources
- New Employees
- Employee Health Plans
- Tax Shelter Annuity Program 403(b) 401(k) 457
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Programs
- Miscellaneous Benefit Programs
- Leave Programs
- Flexible Spending
- Benefit Summaries
- Disability Insurance
- CSU Total Compensation Calculator
- Classification & Compensation
- Employment Opportunities
- HR Forms & Procedures
- Labor & Employee Relations
- CSUEB Policies
- HR Staff Directory
- HR Manager Assignments
- Training & Development
- PeopleSoft Business Process Guides
- Workers' Compensation
- Early Exit Program
- Title IX
2022 Benefits Open Enrollment
September 19, 2022 - October 14, 2022
Open Enrollment is your opportunity each year to review your current benefit plan elections to ensure they continue to meet your needs and those of your family. During this time, you can:
- Enroll in a benefit plan
- Change or add to your benefit plans
- Add or remove eligible family members
- Elect to decline or cancel coverage / enroll or cancel FlexCash
- Enroll/Re-enroll in annual Health Care or Dependent Care reimbursement accounts (HCRA/DCRA)
- Update or enroll in voluntary benefit plans
- Update your beneficiaries and ensure your personal information is up to date
- If you have no changes to your benefits, your plans will automaticaly renew for the upcoming plan year (this does not apply to HCRA/DCRA)
If you are currently enrolled in the Health Care Reimbursement and/or the Dependent Care Reimbursement Plan (HCRA/DCRA), you must re-enroll in the plan(s) for next year as these plans require an annual enrollment. If you are not a current HCRA/DCRA participant, and wish to enroll, you may do so during Open Enrollment.
The effective date for all changes made during Open Enrollment will be January 1, 2023.
Additionally, the Open Enrollment period provides the opportunity to explore voluntary plan options such as increase in life insurance benefits (The Standard) or enroll in a Tax Shelter Annuity or Deferred Compensation plan (403(b)/457/401k). These plans do not have an official open enrollment period, however, specific enrollment criteria and deadlines may apply.
For a complete overview of the changes for 2023, visit our CSU Open Enrollment site, review the 2023 Open Enrollment Benefits Guide and register to attend CSU East Bay's Virtual Benefits Fair.
CSU East Bay's Open Enrollment Virtual Benefits Fair
To compliment your Open Enrollment experience, register for East Bay's Zoom Events 2022 Virtual Benefits Fair. The virtual fair will provide access to new rates, benefit and provider information and an opportunity to ask our Benefits team questions. The benefits fair will be held on:
Wednesday September 28 , 2022 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
You'll be able to meet with us and our systemwide benefit providers to answer your questions.
You must REGISTER to attend our 2022 Virtual Benefits Fair.
Important Information & Reminders For 2023
- 2023 Open Ernollment Benefits Guide
- 2023 Health Care Monthly Premium Rate Chart
- Review all plan information regarding CSU Benefit plans and Open Enrollment.
- Open Enrollment changes, such as health, dental and HCRA/DCRA are submitted through MyHR. Instructions can be found in the Benefits Open Enrollment Quick Step Guide.
- Voluntary benefit plan enrollments, such as MetLife Legal plan and The Standard, are processed through the specific provider’s website.
- Carefully review your January 1, 2023 pay warrant to ensure your open enrollment changes are reflected.
- Contact Human Resources Benefits Team regarding any discrepancies immediately.
- CalPERS Open Enrollment Newsletter
- Health Care Reimbursement Account (HCRA)and/or Dependent Care Reimbursement Account (DCRA), please complete the enrollment or re-enrollment through MyHR
- CSU Open Enrollment Website
- CSU Systemwide Benefits Portal
- Benefits Fair Registration
To Make an Open Enrollment Change
- Complete your elections via MyHR. All Open Enrollment transactions are due in HR/Benefits by Friday, October 14, 2022
- Benefit Open Enrollment Quick Step Guide
- Remember, your Open Enrollment election(s) will go into effect January 1, 2023
If there is a discrepancy between this information and the official plan documents and contracts, the official documents will always govern.