- Human Resources
- New Employees
- Employee Health Plans
- Tax Shelter Annuity Program 403(b) 401(k) 457
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Programs
- Miscellaneous Benefit Programs
- Leave Programs
- Flexible Spending
- Benefit Summaries
- Disability Insurance
- Classification & Compensation
- Employment Opportunities
- HR Forms & Procedures
- Labor & Employee Relations
- CSUEB Policies
- HR Staff Directory
- HR Manager Assignments
- Training & Development
- PeopleSoft Business Process Guides
- Workers' Compensation
- Early Exit Program
Annual Benefits Open Enrollment
September 20, 2021 - October 15, 2021
The Open Enrollment period provides an opportunity for you to review your current benefit plan elections to ensure they continue to meet your needs and those of your family. You can enroll or change plans, add or remove eligible dependents or enroll or cancel FlexCash.
If you are currently enrolled in the Health Care Reimbursement and/or the Dependent Care Reimbursement Plan (HCRA/DCRA), you must re-enroll in the plan for next year as this plan requires an annual enrollment. If you are not a current HCRA/DCRA participant, and wish to enroll, you may do so during Open Enrollment.
The effective date for all changes made during Open Enrollment will be January 1, 2022.
Additionally, the Open Enrollment period provides the opportunity to explore voluntary plan options such as increase in life insurance benefits (The Standard) or enroll in a Tax Shelter Annuity or Deferred Compensation plan (403(b)/457/401k). These plans do not have an official open enrollment period, however, specific enrollment criteria and deadlines may apply.
For a complete overview of the changes for 2022, visit our Open Enrollment site on CSYou, review the Open Enrollment Guidebook for 2022 and register for the Open Enrollment Virtual Platform to attend CSU East Bay's Virtual Benefits Fair.
CSU East Bay's Open Enrollment Virtual Benefits Fair
In addition to the benefits information for Open Enrollment on CSYou, take advantage of this years online virtual experience created exclusively for active CSU employees during Open Enrollment. The virtual platform provides access to new rates, benefit and provider information and will host our campus' LIVE interactive 2021 Virtual Benefits Fair. The benefits fair will be held over three days to meet our employees' scheduling needs.
Wednesday October 6, 2021 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Thursday October 7, 2021 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Friday October 8, 2021 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
You may attend any or all of the benefits fairs. You'll be able to text chat or have video meetings with us and our systemwide benefit providers to answer your questions.
You must REGISTER to access the virtual platform and attend our 2021 Virtual Benefits Fair. So don't delay, registration is now open!
Important Information & Reminders For 2022
- 2022 Health Care Monthly Premium Rate Chart
- Review all plan information regarding CSU Benefit plans and Open Enrollment.
- Open Enrollment changes, such as health, dental and HCRA/DCRA are submitted through MyHR. Instructions can be found in the Benefits Open Enrollment Quick Step Guide.
- Voluntary benefit plan enrollments, such as MetLife Legal plan and The Standard, are processed through the specific provider’s website.
- Carefully review your January 1, 2022 pay warrant to ensure your open enrollment changes are reflected.
- Contact Human Resources Benefits Team regarding any discrepancies immediately.
- CalPERS Open Enrollment Newsletter
- 2022 CalPERS Health Benefit Summary - available 9/13/21
- Health Care Reimbursement Account (HCRA)and/or Dependent Care Reimbursement Account (DCRA), please complete the enrollment or re-enrollment through MyHR
- CSYou Open Enrollment Website
- CSU Systemwide Benefits Portal
- Virtual Platform & Benefits Fair Registration
To Make an Open Enrollment Change
- Complete your elections via MyHR. All Open Enrollment transactions are due in HR/Benefits by Friday, October 15, 2021
- Benefit Open Enrollment Quick Step Guide
- Remember, your Open Enrollment election(s) will go into effect January 1, 2022
If there is a discrepancy between this information and the official plan documents and contracts, the official documents will always govern.