- F-1 Students
- New Students
- F-1 Status, Visa and Travel
- Maintaining Status
- Social Security Number
- Employment Options
- On-Campus Employment
- Employment & Volunteering
- CPT (Curricular Practical Training)
- Pre-Completion OPT
- Post Completion OPT Workshops
- Optional Practical Training
- OPT Reporting Requirements (12 Months)
- 24 Month OPT STEM Extension
- OPT STEM Reporting (24 months)
- Changing Employers During OPT STEM
- Forms and Handouts
- Links and Resources
- J-1 Students and Scholars
- International Student Life
- Video Gallery
- CIE staff
Cal State East Bay's Center for International Education (CIE) serves as the key campus office for immigration advising services. CIE personnel are recognized by the U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services (USCIS). Our services include helping foreign students and scholars maintain legal status and comply with regulations pertaining to legal employment in the U.S. In addition, CIE offers ongoing workshops on relevant issues pertaining to immigration law.
Currently all advising is via Zoom or Email.
Current CIE advisor:
- Julie Moreira (firstname.lastname@example.org) - Designated School Official (DSO), Alternate Responsible Officer (ARO)
To schedule an appointment with a CIE Advisor, you can either
- Log onto The Bay Advisor to schedule an appointment. Navigate to Advising, International Programs, CIE Advising. You will see all available times for available appointments
- You can also directly click on advisor's name link which will take you to the availability for Julie Moreira
If you need assistance scheduling an appointment, please review our How to Get Advising Through Bay Advisor video!
Advising is also available by email. You can email email@example.com or to a specific advisor. Please do not email all email accounts separately as this will cause a delay in response.
- Use your CSUEB Horizon email address to contact us. For questions that require us to look up your student record or your immigration record, replies will only be sent to your Horizon email address.
- Include your Net ID and full name.
- Be specific with your questions and provide any necessary context and information.
Our goal is to answer all emails within 1 business day, however, in light of current circumstances, responses may be delayed.